HELP!! Thank You Card to Interviewers??

Hello... I think handwritten notes are a nice gesture so long as they are not overdone. I sent a simple handwritten thank you to each of my interviewers (total 3 - Program Director, Academic Coordinator, and Clinical Coordinator) and also the administrative assistant as she had been a big help leading up to the interview. Hope that helps.

I sent one to each program I interviewed at, addressed to "Members of the admission committee." I kept them simply a thank you, not a last chance to "sell myself." I've heard of some people taking the latter approach and it just seems...sleazy.

Did anyone ever read my short notes? I have absolutely no idea.

I would send a thank you card or email to the people that directly interviewed you. Make it short and sweet and reference something you liked about the program, not anything about yourself. When I did this in the past I got replies from some programs.

I would send a thank you card or email to the people that directly interviewed you. Make it short and sweet and reference something you liked about the program, not anything about yourself. When I did this in the past I got replies from some programs.

I did a simple HANDWRITTEN thank you card. One of my professors was one of my interviewers and he mentioned he liked that personal touch...dunno if its what got me in but it stuck in at least one ADCOMs mind...

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk

I sent a thank-you card to the person who interviewed me individually. Obviously it didn't hurt. The card should be a genuine thank-you, and maybe add a light-hearted reference to something you enjoyed about the experience to jog their memory. Don't beg, plead, or go on for paragraphs about how perfect you are for the program. That's desperate (and not a real thank-you).

I sent a short thank you to each of the people who interviewed me. I agree with the above sentiments that it should be short and should not be an attempt to talk in detail about yourself. I thanked one of the interviewers for putting me at ease in a nervous situation and the other for a specific piece of advice he gave me about trying to balance school and a family. I did get in to the program :)

This post made me think of another question that fits perfectly here. I've heard of people going to the interview with a thank you card already made out, and handed it to them personally once the interview was finished. I don't know if thats good, bad, or in between? I was thinking of doing this myself, well see how it turns out?

I personally did not send Thank You cards at all. It was a personal decision. Although when wrapping up my interview, I thanked each one (by name) for even considering me. I figured a note of thanks would not sway them one way or the other. I start my PA program in 5 days. I just think it is a toss up as to what one wants to do in this situation.

Hard to envision a scenario where that would put you over the top. Only do it if it's true to your personality/style and completely sincere. Most of the programs I interviewed at made their decisions before snail mail would have reached them anyway.

I know times are changing, but I was raised to believe that if someone took time out of his/her day to do something for me, it's not only acceptable but required to genuinely thank that person. I had one interview with one person to whom I did, indeed, send a heartfelt thank you. Turned out that person was one of our guest lecturers. The thank you was never mentioned but that person knew who I was (and she'd never seen my face because the interview was conducted over the phone). Unless a school specifically said not to, I'd send a "thank you" because that's who I am.

Archived