University of La Verne 2019-2020 Application Cycle

Hi,

I'm going to apply to University of La Verne this cycle but I still have a couple courses in progress right now. Are you a student from University of La Verne? Do you know anything about the class profile/stats of their inaugural class?--which from what I read happened just this past year. Would really like to learn more about the school and program since it's so new! Thanks to anyone that can provide info!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/19/2019 at 9:47 AM, vlc00 said:

Hi,

I'm going to apply to University of La Verne this cycle but I still have a couple courses in progress right now. Are you a student from University of La Verne? Do you know anything about the class profile/stats of their inaugural class?--which from what I read happened just this past year. Would really like to learn more about the school and program since it's so new! Thanks to anyone that can provide info!!

Courses cannot be pending / in progress when you apply. They have to be completely finished. 
Yes, I am a student from the inaugural class. 

The PA program has an information session every 2nd Wednesday for each month. The program just had one on August 7th. The information has class statistics, all the updated specific requirements, and whatever other requirements there are (such as shadowing hours, PCE, etc). 

Although to cover my butt... This is my current student experience from the University of La Verne, and to get accurate information, please contact the University for I am not a representative of the ULV's PA program. 

Contact our lovely administrative assistant, Miss Cantrell! 

Main: (909) 448-1475
lcantrell@laverne.edu

Edited by jayyysunnn

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Has anyone gotten any communication from La Verne, like a confirmation email? I submitted on Sunday, (was verified on Monday), but haven't received anything saying that they received my application. I know they're not rolling and their deadline isn't until Oct 1st, but just wondering if I should reach out to make sure that they received my application before the deadline arrives. Thanks! Good luck everyone!!

On 9/13/2019 at 11:44 AM, KThames said:

Has anyone gotten any communication from La Verne, like a confirmation email? I submitted on Sunday, (was verified on Monday), but haven't received anything saying that they received my application. I know they're not rolling and their deadline isn't until Oct 1st, but just wondering if I should reach out to make sure that they received my application before the deadline arrives. Thanks! Good luck everyone!!

I haven’t gotten any response either and I submitted my application a little earlier of this cycle 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I still haven't heard anything either. I tried emailing them a few weeks ago, prior to the deadline, just to make sure they received my application and this was the response I received: 

Thank you for your interest in the University of La Verne’s Physician Assistant Program.

Our application deadline is October 1, 2019. We do not have rolling admissions; the Admissions Committee will review all applications after October 1.

4 hours ago, emjaye said:

Congratulations to those who received an invite! Did you all completed your bachelors at La Verne or some of you may be a veteran? I read on the FAQ that Guaranteed interviews will be given to those who are University La Verne Alumni and for those who serve as a veteran. 

My last name begins with a "T" and I am not military, nor am I a La Verne graduate and I received an invitation to interview. I am also from Utah, so not a California resident. Hope that helps!

Edited by KThames