University of La Verne 2019-2020 Application Cycle

5 hours ago, KThames said:

My last name begins with a "T" and I am not military, nor am I a La Verne graduate and I received an invitation to interview. I am also from Utah, so not a California resident. Hope that helps!

Thanks! That’s really helpful! If you don’t mind me asking what are your Stats?

1 hour ago, emjaye said:

Thanks! That’s really helpful! If you don’t mind me asking what are your Stats?

I'm a 2nd career, non-traditional applicant with kind of a weird background, and I'm honestly a bit surprised that I got an invite, considering my GPA is fairly average/lower, but I do have an upward trend in my most recent 45/60 credits.

cGPA: 3.2
sGPA: 3.26
GRE: 313 (I know La Verne doesn't require it, but they might have looked?)
HCE: 15k hours as a certified veterinary technician (some schools look at this, some don't, not sure if La Verne does)
PCE: 3,900 hours as a Medical Assistant working at a free clinic for the uninsured/those in poverty (I think this is a big factor)

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Gotmilk said:

Hi all! Has anyone received confirmation emails of the exact day and time of their interview? The initial email said we would know by today at the latest! 

Also so does anyone have any information about the format of the interview? Group? Individual?

No email yet for me either, I just keep refreshing, hoping to see it 😅

I'm also wondering what the interview format is going to be like.

• Upvote 1

On 11/10/2019 at 8:27 AM, Gotmilk said:

Hi everyone! I am interviewing on the 14th. I am not a graduate of La Verne and my last name starts with S. 

I asked them about the format and they said they will not be disclosing any information until the day of the interview. Good Luck to everyone and congrats on the interview!!

so basically we dont know whether its MMI, individual or group interview?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone, just looking through for updates. I wanted to see if I could find anyone else who’s been waitlisted. I loved the staff so much that this school is all I want after. And knowing that I may not hear until the first week of school that’s even if something opens up has made me sooo anxious. Anyone waitlisted? Accepted?!!! 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/13/2020 at 9:42 PM, Breen said:

Yes. I was actually accepted into the program however they told us not to say anything until our packets came in the mail. Which they did! 🙂

WOW congrats that's awesome! do you mind sharing your stats? I'm looking at applying there for the 2020-2021 cycle! 

Edited by royo95
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/14/2020 at 12:42 AM, Breen said:

Yes. I was actually accepted into the program however they told us not to say anything until our packets came in the mail. Which they did! 🙂

I got accepted!!!! Is there an fb page or something so we can connect with those accepted I would love to get to know everyone!!

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/17/2020 at 3:53 PM, Breen said:

Not that I know of but if you guys DM me I can add us all into a Group Me Group! Also I’m sorry for the late reply regarding stats but I’m really not a stats person for comparisons sorry 😕

Hello, I also was accepted into the University of La Verne Class of 2020! There is not a Facebook group that I know of so if you can add me into a Group me Group that would be great! 

• 1 month later...