Rocky Vista Colorado 2019-2020 Cycle

• 2 months later...
On 7/24/2019 at 7:22 PM, Sab1245 said:

Hi all! Just saw this thread and thought I'd drop it to say hi. I applied to RVU in the 2018-19 cycle and am attending in September. Feel free to send me any questions and I'll do my best to help because I know this process is super daunting.

what was your favorite parts about the program when you went to interview? also, what made you choose this school over any other schools that you might have been accepted to? thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

To me they felt very welcoming. The program focuses a lot on student's well being in addition to the curriculum. They are a brand new program which has its pros and cons. To me, it means that they have a lot to prove. They also keep the program relatively small (only 32 students). They have spent a long time working on the curriculum that includes more frequent exams but they are lower stakes. The whole curriculum is based around competency based medical education (CBME) which seems to be the way most programs are moving towards. The program did not feel as cutthroat as many of the others I experienced. Also I love Colorado and I'm excited to go into practice here. Not a super important factor but they also have therapy dogs that come in once a week.