Need advice about call.

Long story but I’ll try to keep it short.  The administration of the company where I have worked for 15 years has recently decided to change our process of call for midlevels.  2 of us 1 leaving with new hire tmsyatting in feb.  also new medical director .  

Prior call was 1 week long.  Answer phone 24/7 and round on patients ( avg 20) in the hospital and complete any new admissions on Sunday (1-3 is common) No admits occur on Saturday.  Our compensation was that we take the following Friday off. Not great imo but better than nothing. 

The new plan.  Take call 24/7 for 1 week but do not round or complete admissions.  The physicians will round and complete all billing.  We now get nothing in return. No pay or time off.  Call is a lot of sleep interruptions.  

This new plan is not set in motion yet but will happen soon.  I’m opposed to this but don’t want to be a whiner either.  I have a plan to opposes this and plead my case but I feel it will fall in deaf ears.  

Ideas, thoughts please?

thanks 

very hard spot

if you are in the the top 1% (assuming you are pushing 200k) then you likely are already being paid in $$ in your paycheck

Normally I would advocate strongly for you to not give away call for free - it is a horrible thing - BUT at 1% - well 

I would say that you can answer calls slowly (if possible), try to go for a 1/2 day for a weeks worth of call....

Archived