A lot of CC's. Need advice!

Good evening, everyone.

I would like advice from those who would like to give their two-cents! I am a non-traditional pre-PA student, with a not so great GPA, decent healthcare experience, with transcripts from 6 different schools (though, for good reason, I think).

School 1. A community college I attended for one year and stopped going due to not knowing what I wanted in life and didn't want to waste my time.

School 2. Obtained my EMT-B and EMT-Intermediate certs. They did not have a paramedic program.

School 3. Obtained my AAS in EMS and Paramedic.

School 4. My undergrad was obtained online at Liberty University, prior to ambitions going into medicine.

School 5. Completed 3 pre-req math/science classes at a 4-year; however, my wife became pregnant and I sought new employment out-of-state to support my family, thus ending my ability to attend this school.

School 6. Advice most needed here! I can attend another CC to knock out the remaining science courses, or obtain them online at a University. What do you all suggest?

I have 8 years of experience working full time as a critical care paramedic, in addition to thousands of hours volunteering as a paramedic. My most valuable experience comes from working as a paramedic in a Level 1 Trauma Center and Teaching Hospital. I have volunteered as a Group Facilitator for a Youth LGBTQ support network. At each place of employment I participated on various committees.

My cGPA is ~3.2. sGPA 3.4. I am confident I can improve both, as I have roughly 10 classes I want to complete. 

The most cost effective option will be to complete my remaining courses at the local CC; however, I will pay extra to get those same classes at UNE if having 4 different CC will look bad. I appreciate your time and advice!

CASPA integrates all of your courses into one section, though the reviewers can see the individual transcripts. I don't know about every school, but the two that I've been involved with don't care where you took your classes. I think that is especially true for older applicants, who had to deal with life, family, and jobs while they prepared to apply. That would seem to fit you.

Good luck!

Thank you! I appreciate the advice and encouragement. I verified community college tuition today and I can not justify not going the CC route. My in district cost for 4 credits is $300. My wife would kill me if I spent $1400 for 4 credits online while having the alternative. 

Archived