Sign in to follow this  
he11o

Dermatology Position New grad

Hello everyone!

Just wondering if anyone knows of any derm private offices in Queens/Long Island/Manhattan NY open to hiring a new graduate! Please let me know, MUCH APPRECIATED!  

If not, does anyone know how to get into dermatology as a new graduate? I was unable to do a Derm rotation during PA school but I spent time aside some of my rotations shadowing at a dermatology practice. Really trying to get in but most places want 2-3 years prior DERM experience.. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By VinceH
      I have a prior MS in Exercise Physiology (research emphasis) and then completed a dual degree PA program getting a MS in Management w/ the School of Business before starting the MMS for PA. The extra degrees will certainly be resume builders, but how much should I expect to use them for negotiating starting salaries? Should I expect a higher starting offer due to them or is that naive? Starting to have discussions with some practices and was hoping to get some ideas on the value those provide before it moves towards contract talks. I don't want to sell myself short, but don't want to come off as pompous and overvalue myself either! 
      I would be interested in either Ortho/Sports Med or Cardiology  
      Looking in NC. Currently in Winston-Salem, NC at Wake Forest University
      Appreciate the insight anyone can provide!
    • By Lheitman11
      Hello all,
      First time posting here. I am currently a PA-S2 with an expected graduation date of July 2020. I’m unsure about my career after graduating from PA School, and was wondering about any benefits that may come with joining the military after I become certified. Any and all information regarding life/work in specific branches is greatly appreciated as I have no information on the topic as of now.
      Thank you!
    • By Nicholas9
      Hello Everyone,  
      I am graduating PA school in August and have been given a job offer in Gastroenterology.  I am really excited for this job,  but don't know how to negotiate the contract or if it is good enough as it stands.  
      starting pay is $90,000 salary.  mentions bonuses but does not have in writing a sign on bonus moving bonus, RVU performance, or pay raises.  
      PTO 3 weeks, sick leave 1 week, CME 1 week.
      $1500 CME per year.
      year to year contract
      malpractice is included but does not mention a tail
      an 18 month non compete that covers two counties.  I would cause irreparable damage if I break this non compete.  

my negotiating leverage (I was an endoscopy tech for two years.  did my masters thesis on GERD.  I speak Spanish fluently).  
    • By pajourney1
      Hello Fellow EM colleagues,
      I am a new graduate who will be starting in the emergency department this month. I am extremely excited to return to the ED after having worked in the ED as a technician for 6 years. I am looking for any recommendations on studying material, reference books, bootcamps etc anything that will help begin my career in EM. Thank you so much for any feedback!!!

-New Grad 
    • By Ddunnmi
      Hello!
      I am currently awaiting a hard copy of a verbal offer given for a general surgery position. One of my preceptors told me to ask for a higher salary no matter what the original offer was. As a new grad, I am unsure how to go about asking for a higher salary. I was wondering if anyone had any general advice on how to approach this situation. 
      Thank you!

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More