Sign in to follow this  
he11o

Dermatology Position New grad

Hello everyone!

Just wondering if anyone knows of any derm private offices in Queens/Long Island/Manhattan NY open to hiring a new graduate! Please let me know, MUCH APPRECIATED!  

If not, does anyone know how to get into dermatology as a new graduate? I was unable to do a Derm rotation during PA school but I spent time aside some of my rotations shadowing at a dermatology practice. Really trying to get in but most places want 2-3 years prior DERM experience.. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Nicholas9
      Hello Everyone,  
      I am graduating PA school in August and have been given a job offer in Gastroenterology.  I am really excited for this job,  but don't know how to negotiate the contract or if it is good enough as it stands.  
      starting pay is $90,000 salary.  mentions bonuses but does not have in writing a sign on bonus moving bonus, RVU performance, or pay raises.  
      PTO 3 weeks, sick leave 1 week, CME 1 week.
      $1500 CME per year.
      year to year contract
      malpractice is included but does not mention a tail
      an 18 month non compete that covers two counties.  I would cause irreparable damage if I break this non compete.  

my negotiating leverage (I was an endoscopy tech for two years.  did my masters thesis on GERD.  I speak Spanish fluently).  
    • By pajourney1
      Hello Fellow EM colleagues,
      I am a new graduate who will be starting in the emergency department this month. I am extremely excited to return to the ED after having worked in the ED as a technician for 6 years. I am looking for any recommendations on studying material, reference books, bootcamps etc anything that will help begin my career in EM. Thank you so much for any feedback!!!

-New Grad 
    • By Ddunnmi
      Hello!
      I am currently awaiting a hard copy of a verbal offer given for a general surgery position. One of my preceptors told me to ask for a higher salary no matter what the original offer was. As a new grad, I am unsure how to go about asking for a higher salary. I was wondering if anyone had any general advice on how to approach this situation. 
      Thank you!
    • By Emu90
      Hello! I am a recent PA graduate, just got my certification and state licensure in the last month. I am currently 17 weeks pregnant with my first child, and am looking for my first job out of PA school. My baby will be due in early February, and I'm barely showing now, to the point where it's not noticeable in most clothing. 
      When in the interviewing/ hiring process should I mention my pregnancy? I know that it is not legal for them to ask me, nor am I obligated to disclose this. I have recently done an interview at a large county hospital, and am waiting to hear back on their decision. My plan currently is to disclose my pregnancy after they give me a letter of intention, but before I sign the contract. Some people have told me to wait until I already have signed the contract, but it seems like getting off on the wrong foot to me, as it could be construed as purposefully misleading. My hope is that I can show good faith by disclosing this before both parties sign the contract, but by not telling them during the interview I minimize the risk of me being totally ruled out due to my pregnancy (which I know is not supposed to happen but obviously does). 
      As far as maternity leave, I know that I won't be eligible under FMLA, so I am thinking I may have to use some combination of PTO, short term disability, or just have my husband use his unpaid FMLA time to help while I have to go to work (if I only get a few weeks off). 
      In a month or two, once I start really showing (and if I haven't found a job yet), I think I will realistically have to mention it in an interview, just because it'll be noticeable and kind of an 'elephant in the room.'
      The only other idea I had was to work locums for 2-3 months before my baby comes, so I could save up some money, and get a permanent job after my baby is a few months old, but I've seen most people have discouraged new grads from locums work. Ultimately, I don't want to make any decisions that could impact my new career long term or jeopardize my license, so I'm now leaning against locums work. 
      Any thoughts from other moms who have been through similar issues would be much appreciated. Thanks!
    • By marrbarr10
      Curious if anyone had recommendations for useful gastroenterology books, as I will begin working in an inpatient & outpatient setting in 2 weeks. I would like to study the "basics" so the practice doesn't instantly regret hiring me ;) Any recommendations (or even advice) is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

(P.S. -- yes, I did see that the same question was posted in 2011. Though, would like to see if people have different ideas 7 years later!)

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More