2018-2019 PA Class

On 2/22/2019 at 9:29 AM, khalil said:

hey guys, I interviewed 3 weeks ago, I’m getting really worried now since some have heard back already. Any advice on if I should reach out to the program to follow-up or will they hold that against me/not give me a direct answer?

Did they gave you a time frame? I was told anywhere from 2-6 weeks? I was told not to contact them before the time frame. You could write a thank you e-Mail to the person who interviewed you. Have faith and hope for the best. 

Hey guys I just received an email saying that I have been accepted into SUNY Downstate's PA Program but that I need a Mathematics course (not statistics). Is there any way I can get exempt from this? I took AP Calculus in high school and was exempt from taking a course in college. If I can't get this requirement waived, what is the best way to fulfill this it so that I can enroll in the program in Summer of 2019? Does SUNY Downstate accept online courses?

11 minutes ago, Jordan25 said:

Hey guys I just received an email saying that I have been accepted into SUNY Downstate's PA Program but that I need a Mathematics course (not statistics). Is there any way I can get exempt from this? I took AP Calculus in high school and was exempt from taking a course in college. If I can't get this requirement waived, what is the best way to fulfill this it so that I can enroll in the program in Summer of 2019? Does SUNY Downstate accept online courses?

Congrats! I think the AP Calc should work. Definitely give admissions a call tm and double check but that should be fine. I got my psych requirement waived with AP psych. only thing is that you have to send them a copy of your score report from CollegeBoard

Hey folks!

Congrats to all once again that have been accepted and even received an interview nothing but the best! I am curious to know if the applications are reviewed under time-based submission order? I am still caught under the "FORWARDED TO ADMISSIONS COMMITTEE FOR REVIEW" status. I did apply around the last week of the deadline thinking I had to submit my LORs at the same time as the application. 

Best wishes! 

12 hours ago, Sgazca said:

Hey folks!

Congrats to all once again that have been accepted and even received an interview nothing but the best! I am curious to know if the applications are reviewed under time-based submission order? I am still caught under the "FORWARDED TO ADMISSIONS COMMITTEE FOR REVIEW" status. I did apply around the last week of the deadline thinking I had to submit my LORs at the same time as the application. 

Best wishes! 

They have not been reviewing in the order of submission. I submitted everything mid august and some who have submitted way later than that received interview invites before me. Just be patient there is still time!! 🙂 🙂

9 hours ago, smithrose said:

Hey my future fellow PAs !! I got my acceptance on the 6th!!! Can’t wait to meet you all!  How long did it take for you to have a “pay deposit” option in your checklist. 

Congratss! It showed up about a day later for me on the checklist

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Jordan25 said:

Hey guys!! 

So it looks like we must submit health forms, official college transcripts, and a criminal background check. Are these actually due 2 weeks after receiving the acceptance? If so, if I cant get it in by the 2 weeks, would my acceptance be withdrawn? 

I believe your health form , backgrown check and ur deposit money must be done within 2 weeks . The official  transcriptst don’t have to be sent right away but just to be safe get everything done as soon as possible .