Recent Physician Associate Name Change Info?

I have been following the name change movement, however most of the info I see is old. Does anyone 'in the know' care to update us on what is happening in the AAPA or elsewhere? I very much support the name change. It is infuriating to have to educate so many people, including my own distant family, about my profession. I recently had someone ask me why I would go to graduate school to simply hand charts and stethoscopes to the doctor as his 'assistant?'

The name change committee which includes among others myself and andersenpa has endorsed a slate of folks running for the aapa board:

Larry hermann: president. has said he would investigate name change. the only presidential candidate to do so.

Robert Blumm: secret./treasurer(write in) : he didn't meet "official guidelines" despite being a pa for 40 yrs and several prior state and specialty roles...

Jim Piotrowski: director at large

David Mittmann: director at large(write in): same as for Blumm

we have been in contact with the current aapa bod as well as planning for the future with the next board. there may be resolutions regarding the name change brought up at the house of delegates in toronto from other folks working on this. stay tuned.

Larry hermann: president. has said he would investigate name change. the only presidential candidate to do so.

Robert Blumm: secret./treasurer(write in) : he didn't meet "official guidelines" despite being a pa for 40 yrs and several prior state and specialty roles...

DONE

thanks for posting this

Please exercise your right to vote while the polls are open April 1-30.

https://eballot4.votenet.com/aapa/login.cfm

Archived