Mount St. Joseph University 2018 cycle

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I received an interview for 9/21 as well a week ago or so.

Everyone I've spoken to about the school says it's a fairly esteemed school, though I assume they're mainly talking about undergrad (I don't know anyone who actually went there, for what it's worth). From what I understand, they have a well established nursing program, and all the staff seem to be very experienced. It's a little concerning that it's such a new school, but I'm willing to check them out at the interview.

37 minutes ago, SalZuri said:

I received an interview for 9/21 as well a week ago or so.

Everyone I've spoken to about the school says it's a fairly esteemed school, though I assume they're mainly talking about undergrad (I don't know anyone who actually went there, for what it's worth). From what I understand, they have a well established nursing program, and all the staff seem to be very experienced. It's a little concerning that it's such a new school, but I'm willing to check them out at the interview.

Ok! Thanks !! 

Hi everyone!  I am a current student in the PA program at MSJ! We are very excited about this interview season!  For those who have already interviewed, I hope it went well!  And for those with interviews soon to come, good luck!  

We are a new program, my cohort just started our third semester.  MSJ has a great reputation with their health sciences programs, which is why I personally felt comfortable choosing to attend the school, despite it being new.  The faculty genuinely cares about our success and are willing to make daily improvements, I have no doubt MSJ will continue to progress to produce competent PAs!

As for interview info, we use MMI format - there are resources available in other threads with more info on the format!  I thoroughly enjoyed the process, and found it to be fairly laid back.  As cliche as it sounds, just be yourself and you will be fine!  

Feel free to ask any questions you may have about the program and I'll do my best to answer in a timely manner!  

https://www.msj.edu/index.php/academics/graduate-programs/physician-assistant-program/

@MSJPASociety

Hi! I have an interview coming up at MSJ and I’m extremely interested in attending the program! 

Do you remember how the interview day runs and how long it took to hear back from admissions about their decision? Also do you recommend bringing any hard copies of any documents like resume or LORs to the interview? 

Look forward to hearing from you. Thanks! 

On 8/28/2018 at 12:02 PM, MSJPASociety said:

Hi everyone!  I am a current student in the PA program at MSJ! We are very excited about this interview season!  For those who have already interviewed, I hope it went well!  And for those with interviews soon to come, good luck!  

We are a new program, my cohort just started our third semester.  MSJ has a great reputation with their health sciences programs, which is why I personally felt comfortable choosing to attend the school, despite it being new.  The faculty genuinely cares about our success and are willing to make daily improvements, I have no doubt MSJ will continue to progress to produce competent PAs!

As for interview info, we use MMI format - there are resources available in other threads with more info on the format!  I thoroughly enjoyed the process, and found it to be fairly laid back.  As cliche as it sounds, just be yourself and you will be fine!  

Feel free to ask any questions you may have about the program and I'll do my best to answer in a timely manner!  

https://www.msj.edu/index.php/academics/graduate-programs/physician-assistant-program/

Hi, 

Can u explain more about the MMI format of the interview? 

On 8/28/2018 at 8:44 PM, PAkw1 said:

@MSJPASociety

Hi! I have an interview coming up at MSJ and I’m extremely interested in attending the program! 

Do you remember how the interview day runs and how long it took to hear back from admissions about their decision? Also do you recommend bringing any hard copies of any documents like resume or LORs to the interview? 

Look forward to hearing from you. Thanks! 

You will receive a schedule for the day when you arrive, it will last about 4 hours.  Your interview invite will include a list of documents to bring including: a photo ID and a copy of your transcripts. All other documents should be included in your CASPA application.  Good luck on your interview!

On 8/28/2018 at 12:02 PM, MSJPASociety said:

Hello,

Is the interview an individual MMI or group MMI?

On 9/5/2018 at 7:23 PM, Shaily said:

What do you feel about the interview? Was it more difficult as it was a MMI style?

I was nervous at first but I ended up really enjoying it. The questions asked during the MMI were not difficult. The faculty walks you through the process and will let you know when time is up but you do not need to use up the time. They give you a lot of opportunity to ask questions so come prepared. Good luck ? 

8 hours ago, Shaily said:

Has anyone heard back from the past interviews? 

Not yet...I thought our group was told we’d hear back by now (either way) so I’m not really sure what to expect on timing. I’m hoping we hear something soon, I feel like I’m in a suspended state waiting to move forward either way. Good luck to you!

Archived