2018-2019 Application Cycle

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good luck everyone! Alum here, class of 2016. Loved my time at SU from interview day (for real though, I felt very comfortable there and already had a sense of belonging) to graduation. Hit me up with questions if you have them but please be patient with me; I don't get here very often. Will be shooting for 1-2x/wk if I remember! ?

• 1 month later...
48 minutes ago, VAEMPA said:

I also got an interview invite for August 17th! Unfortunately I will be out of the state on a trip I've been planning for months. Does anyone have any advice for asking to reschedule? I am planning on calling them later today. 

Hey!! So in the email there’s a link to click on to confirm for the interview date: you have the option to reschedule! They ask you a series of yes or no questions and one of them is about attendance...hope that helps! 

In the interview invitation email, it requested that applicants submit a passport-style picture of themselves. This might sound like a silly question, but did you all give any thought to the quality of the photo? Or do you think that taking a picture with an Android phone will suffice?

On 8/3/2018 at 3:16 PM, dml2018 said:

Could those of you who have received interview invites post your statistics? 

Thanks!

Hey!

I applied June 4th and received an interview invite for August 17th. 

sGPA: 3.2

cGPA: 3.5-3.6

2,000 hours as ED scribe 

4,000 hours as home health aide

GRE: 317 

On 6/11/2018 at 5:20 PM, Monique94 said:

Hey there!!

So excited for this year's application cycle!! This is my 3rd time applying to SU so finger's crossed!! Good luck to everybody applying ❤️ 

Submitted: 6/11 & Verified 6/15 

how have you improved your application form the first time applying, if you don't mind me asking? this is my first time and i'm just curious about the paths everyone else has taken! 

4 hours ago, GemmaJean said:

how have you improved your application form the first time applying, if you don't mind me asking? this is my first time and i'm just curious about the paths everyone else has taken! 

Hey!! 

So the first few times I applied my prerequisites weren’t done, so I think completing them this time around helped. I also emailed the program and asked if they could provide me some feedback on how I could specifically improve my application. I was told to retake the GRE (recommended but not required—did it anyways), I also got a LOR written by a PA that I shadowed. I think all of those things must have helped because I didn’t do any of those things the first couple of rounds and finally landed an interview.

Best of luck to you!! 

12 hours ago, jenkinshl said:

Hey!

I applied June 4th and received an interview invite for August 17th. 

sGPA: 3.2

cGPA: 3.5-3.6

2,000 hours as ED scribe 

4,000 hours as home health aide

GRE: 317 

Hi there!

sGPA: 3.79-3.8

cGPA: 3.2

HCE: 3500 hours working as a full-time physical therapy aide; 20 hours shadowing in primary care; roughly 40 hours Hospital volunteer experience 

GRE: 285?? can’t quite remember but it wasn’t great lol I think my strengths lie in my HCE, sGPA, personal statement & LORs

—Keep in mind that there are plenty of reasons why people get interviews/accepted regardless of their stats...you never know what the admissions committee is looking for in an applicant so try not to compare yourself too much! Good luck to you! 

6 hours ago, VAEMPA said:

Hey y’all,

i was reviewing the schedule for the interview tomorrow and was wondering if anyone could confirm that I am understanding it right. It starts at 10:30am at the main campus and then at some point we drive ourselves to the medical center? Any ideas how long the first part lasts? Thanks!

Hey! 

I actually received an email that stated we have to arrive at the health professions building at 7:30am...the day actually starts at 8 and we won’t be going to the main campus until lunchtime! The health professions building is at 1775 North Sector Court Winchester, VA 22601. Hope that helps and good luck!! 

Archived