2018-2019 Stony Brook Application Thread

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, KTGPA said:

To those who have interviewed before, I am a little confused on the format. I was told when I signed up for the morning session (8-12) that I would be spending the whole day at Stony Brook (8-5). What goes on after the interview session? 

Wait now I’m confused. I was assigned the afternoon session 12-5 and have no heard anything about needing to be there at 8 am. Can anyone clarify this please? I interview tomorrow! 

11 minutes ago, anb13r said:

Wait now I’m confused. I was assigned the afternoon session 12-5 and have no heard anything about needing to be there at 8 am. Can anyone clarify this please? I interview tomorrow! 

Just did the September interview 8-12. Your are not there all day. You meet the current students, see a presentation, interview, take a tour, and leave. I was done a little after 11. If your are 12-5 there is no reason to be there at 8am. Hope that helps and good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone who interviewed in October know if acceptances/rejections were sent out? I just called stony brook and the lady who answered the phone was unsure of whether or not decisions went out yet.

I also called at the very end of October and the lady who answered the phone said they still had not been sent out yet.

3 hours ago, nickbisco said:

Does anyone who interviewed in October know if acceptances/rejections were sent out? I just called stony brook and the lady who answered the phone was unsure of whether or not decisions went out yet.

I also called at the very end of October and the lady who answered the phone said they still had not been sent out yet.

I have not heard either way. Wasn't sure if I was waitlisted or if they have not made decisions. I would think at least one person would post if they were either accepted or rejected?  Not sure if I should call or not.

Archived