2018-2019 Stony Brook Application Thread

9 hours ago, nickbisco said:

Does anyone who interviewed in October know if acceptances/rejections were sent out? I just called stony brook and the lady who answered the phone was unsure of whether or not decisions went out yet.

I also called at the very end of October and the lady who answered the phone said they still had not been sent out yet.

I interviewed on Oct 18 and received an acceptance call within the following week. I'm not attending, so hopefully one of you will fill my seat 🙂 

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone have a rough idea how many seats are left? I’m interviewing on the last interview date offered (I think) which is in December- I’ve seen other schools have filled their seats already but are still interviewing for essentially a wait list. Just curious to know if anyone has info

I just got accepted to the Stony Brook Campus from the November interview date. I am completely in shock and so excited, SB has been my top choice. Can't wait to meet my classmates and just want to say good luck to everyone else! 

Congratulations would you mind sharing your stats?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, JC1227 said:

For anyone who interviewed/ has been accepted, can anyone comment on the schools ability to allow you to go on clinical rotations back in your home state? 

At the presentation before the interviews we were told that many students find rotations in their home states, it is possible! There are 2 flexible rotations (the type is determined for you but you can choose the locations) and one elective - so theoretically you can have all 3 rotations in your home state. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys I interviewed Nov group and I still have not heard anything from stony brook. I remember them saying you either get an email rejection, silenced or a phone call acceptance. They said by the end of December you will know if you’re accepted or not. Has anyone heard anything? Like anyone waitlisted or know if the class is already full. 

Please let let me know. Thank you 🙂

27 minutes ago, Omoham said:

Hey guys I interviewed Nov group and I still have not heard anything from stony brook. I remember them saying you either get an email rejection, silenced or a phone call acceptance. They said by the end of December you will know if you’re accepted or not. Has anyone heard anything? Like anyone waitlisted or know if the class is already full. 

Please let let me know. Thank you 🙂

I haven't heard anything. They said if you don't hear back by the new year to give them a call in January. I'm thinking if we don't hear anything we are waitlisted. I also thought that they are on break this week, so that could also be why we haven't heard anything? Maybe Monday we will hear something. 

1 hour ago, slamm27 said:

I haven't heard anything. They said if you don't hear back by the new year to give them a call in January. I'm thinking if we don't hear anything we are waitlisted. I also thought that they are on break this week, so that could also be why we haven't heard anything? Maybe Monday we will hear something. 

Same. Hopefully we’ll hear something soon

I haven’t heard back at all. Has that happened with anyone else? I’m not really sure how long I’m supposed to wait. I called a while ago and she told me that they would send out final acceptances/ rejections last week of December! But it’s January and I still have not heard back! 

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Kittycat

I just heard back from Stony Brook. I was waitlisted, and I received a call earlier about being accepted to the Southampton Campus. Super excited!!! 🙂

Archived