Did I just screw myself?

I honestly didn't even think of it until this very moment. I still have the rest of my pre-reqs to take, but this semester I have been battling a chronic illness, but I wanted to still take some courses. I took a psych as well as a few other courses through my university. I took psych online, though. I know that I should always take my pre-reqs in person, and I can't believe I didn't think about it until now. Will I be alright with the way it is now, or do I need to take another course but in-person to cover this? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks

You're fine. In my experience, few schools look negatively upon online credits. There are schools who won't accept online lab credit, though.

Not to mention, most times the transcript doesn't differentiate between the two. None of my transcripts reflect that the classes I took online actually were. 

2 hours ago, DarcyJ said:

You're fine. In my experience, few schools look negatively upon online credits. There are schools who won't accept online lab credit, though.

Not to mention, most times the transcript doesn't differentiate between the two. None of my transcripts reflect that the classes I took online actually were. 

As soon as I posted this I went searching at the schools I intend to apply to, and they all seemed okay with that, but yes - no labs. I will be taking all of my other pre-reqs on campus; I've just been battling this illness, so it seemed feasible to take it that way and keep my attendance there, so I wouldn't get dropped as a curriculum, degree-seeking student. 

Thank you for the response!

10 hours ago, TheLastStone said:

Because most PA schools require that they are taking in-person, as well as the lab. Atleast, to my knowledge.

Huh. That wasn't my experience, but to be fair I didn't "apply broadly". OChem was the only prerequisite that I didn't take online, including labs. 

Archived