licenses and certifications

Hi! When inputing licenses into CASPA, it asks for the "issue date". I was wondering if I should put the date I first received the certification, or the date that I renewed my certification. I became a CNA in Oct. 2016, however I renewed my license in May of 2017, so technically the new issue date would be May I think.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

1 hour ago, Anachronist said:

You can either treat it all as one license with initial issue and current expiration, or treat them separately and include the first one issue+expire, and the new one issue+expire. I don't think it really matters. I included some expired licenses in my CASPA just to show I had them in the past.

That’s what I figured. I’m intending to just include it all as one seamless license but wanted to make sure that wasn’t the “wrong thing to do” for any reason. Thanks!! :)

48 minutes ago, Nikawl said:

That’s what I figured. I’m intending to just include it all as one seamless license but wanted to make sure that wasn’t the “wrong thing to do” for any reason. Thanks!! :)

None that I'm aware of. My impression at least was that for clearing the filters, GPA and GRE, the information is very standardized. After that, a real person is going to read your application, so as long as it makes sense to a "reasonable and prudent" person, then it should be fine. I would say include both the original and new one scanned together (preferably side by side on the same page) in the "supporting docs" section.

Archived