Sorry if this has been posted/discussed before.  I know we have mentioned 'OTP' many times.

I even asked, what IS 'OTP' in a post.

I'm not currently a member of APPA, I am a member of my state, WAPA (Wisconsin).

Today I went to APPA.org, and clicked around, and found this regarding 'OTP'- I do like the brochure.

https://www.aapa.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/121817-About-Optimal-Team-Practice-Revised-FINAL.pdf

- Discuss ;-)

Now, can we discuss re-vamping NCCPA?  Mutiny and do away with it?  (An exam is fine- evidence based, etc., maybe AAPA could take that over)??

This is the beginning of an education campaign about what OTP is and isn't. There is very little broad understanding of OTP inside and outside the profession with many thinking it is a move towards independent practice which it isn't. Some are in the "full steam ahead" camp and some in the "slow your roll" camp and a lot of passion on both sides. Now we have to educate ourselves, our peers, and other stakeholders. (I have really learned to hate that particular buzzword but sometimes it just applies).

I really think we just need one state to accomplish OTP, and we will begin to see a domino affect. 

I also wouldn't be surprised that no motivation, and excitement happens, which seems to be the running theme with most PAs in practice. 

See, it's easy for NPs. All you have to say is independent practice and BAM, you got motivation, and excitement. But you say "optimal team practice" and most PAs will be like "yah, so what?"

Clinican1 did a free webinar a few months ago on OTP featuring Jonathan Sobel and Dave Mittman. You can view the recording here: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/4138126745549102593

It goes over what it is and what it isn't and what it will mean in practice for PAs. If you want to learn a bit more, it's worth checking out. We also posted a shorter clip on our YouTube page. 

1 hour ago, Clinician1 said:

Clinican1 did a free webinar a few months ago on OTP featuring Jonathan Sobel and Dave Mittman. You can view the recording here: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/4138126745549102593

It goes over what it is and what it isn't and what it will mean in practice for PAs. If you want to learn a bit more, it's worth checking out. We also posted a shorter clip on our YouTube page. 

Grand total of 154 views. Goes to show how much we are reaching working PAs. Sigh

• Administrator
8 hours ago, corpsman89 said:

Grand total of 154 views. Goes to show how much we are reaching working PAs. Sigh

That would be a bigger tragedy if it actually got into any content, instead of just an intro.  I suspect that's an hour long webinar for which we just got to see the teaser trailer.

Archived