Transferring Way Too Much?!

Hey guys! Got a question that's a bit controversial.. anyone thinks transferring school while still in undergraduate two times is enough to say "I can't handle this school so I'm just gonna leave and bounce on to another school." Though, initially, it may come off to some that I can't handle undergraduate which is probably why I decided to transfer again and again. So here's a little backstory, I spent my freshmen year at a private university and I was extremely unhappy with what I was learning and doing. Not to mention, I was a total freshmen "noobie" at the college life so I would procrastinate and push back all of my studies, and assumed that college was going to be just like high school where I could cram everything in the day before the test and still get an A. Well I was totally wrong and I spent my freshmen year suffering because of my actions with an overall 2.0 GPA. So I decided to transfer to a local College to "redeem" myself and I eventually received an overall 3.8 GPA. By the way, I didn't just take "easy courses" to improve my GPA fyi, I learned from my mistakes as a freshmen and I incorporated a completely different lifestyle, if you will, because of that high school-college transition. I take nothing I learn and do in college for granted because I've learned from my freshmen year that college is no joke and I'm really glad that I got that life lesson. Though, after obtaining a 3.8 GPA.. I'm looking to transfer again. I applied as a transfer student at a University that's known for its sciences. Pretty much, all pre-med, pre-pa, pre-dental, nursing, etc student goes there, and well I got accepted (yay)! But I don't know if its worth going to because I transferred so much that when I do apply for PA school, they're probably going to look at me and say I couldn't handle undergraduate or I'm not loyal or faithful to where I was. Any thoughts on this? Thanks in advance! 

I have transcripts coming from three schools.  I got accepted into PA school.  I didn't transfer twice though, however I don't see it being an issue unless you were to do poorly and then transfer.  Some ADCOMs on here could probably answer this better than I.

20 hours ago, mooredc said:

I got accepted with 13 transcripts and was never asked about it once. I think it's a non issue but that was just my experience. 

May I know some of your stats? A lot of PA's have been telling me not to transfer and to not accumulate so many transcripts because PA school will look at it as if you're incapable, so I would think there must be a really good reason why a student transferred so many times. 

On 3/6/2018 at 7:33 PM, PotatoHopper said:

May I know some of your stats? A lot of PA's have been telling me not to transfer and to not accumulate so many transcripts because PA school will look at it as if you're incapable, so I would think there must be a really good reason why a student transferred so many times. 

I dont think my stats are relevant. But from my experience programs are much more concerned with whether or not you have completed the prerequisites and how well you did on them. Like I said, I had 13 transcripts and multiple acceptances and nobody asked me about any of them. To be fair I did not "transfer" schools during undergrad. I went to a 2 year school and then transferred to a 4 year school to finish my bachelors. The other 11 transcripts were just me taking prerequisite classes anywhere and everywhere that I could. People transfer schools all of the time for a million and one reasons. I doubt that you will find an adcom questioning why you transferred so many times. Now if you were to get Ds in all of your prerequisites and then turn around and get As at a CC, then maybe that will raise a reg flag, but besides that I think you are good.

Archived