Sign in to follow this  

Anyone take the ACLS Experienced Provider course yet?

My work is offering it for free, but it's a day of my life, and it's not soon enough to avoid having to take the regular ACLS recert.

Anyone take it and have thoughts, opinions or commentary on its value?

Here's the AHA blurb for anyone who's interested:

http://cpr.heart.org/AHAECC/CPRAndECC/Training/HealthcareProfessional/AdvancedCardiovascularLifeSupportACLS/UCM_473187_ACLS-for-EP.jsp

I took an EP class that my employer offered a couple of years ago. I preferred it to the traditional recert for that purpose, but it sounds like you'll have already re-certified by the time the class comes around. In your shoes, I don't think I'd take it again. For anyone who uses ACLS with any frequency, there's only so much to be gained from sitting around and talking about it for a few hours.  

Took it a few years ago.  I thought it was cool because instead of watching a video and running a mega-code, there is a lot more theory and evidence-based discussion.  Definitely worth it as a recert.

• Upvote 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By pa-to-be
      private family practice PA-C here. looking to change specalities and need new ACLS and BLS certification. I was thinking of using promed; it looks pretty simple. I notice on the sample card that it mentions american heart association  but obviously is not actually distributed by AHA. Will this be a problem when applying to jobs? Should I just take the time and got to AHA class in person? 
    • By keisha12
      I have 7 years experience as a PA (1 year General Surgery, 3 years IM private practice, and now 3 years at my current position in a family medicine outpatient clinic) in rural Kentucky. It is time for contract negotiations after 3 years of work here. I am outpatient only with no call, 4 days per week; averaging 18-20 patients per clinic day. My base salary is $93k, Encounter based bonuses ($16.59 per encounter over minimum 663 per quarter which does not prove profitable for me so basically my salary is less than $97k total), $2500 CME plus 40 hours PTO, 24 days PTO plus 12 sick days, Malpractice and license fees paid. Insurance and retirement are self funded. No 401k. I have continuously had superior provider ratings, increased clinic volume (with the highest in the local system for at least one year), diligent with completion of charts and never take days off. Recommendations on asking for raise? 
    • By narcan
      My part-time employer recently offered an abbreviated BLS/ACLS/PALS renewal course, and while it was brief and much more focused than what I'm used to with the AHA, it was certified through ASHI, who I've heard of but don't know much about.
      Does anyone have experience using ASHI instead of AHA certs for credentialing and any problems thereof?
      Can I use ASHI certs for NCCPA CME hours?
      Thanks.
    • By wookie
      Hi!

Anybody have experience with https://emedcert.com/ for ACLS, PALS initial certification?
      This is a 100% online course but they do not provide an AHA card. I'd appreciate if anybody with experience can chime in. Has any employer rejected a non-AHA certification?

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More