Class of 2021

12 hours ago, scalifornia said:

Hi Miles! Thanks for starting this thread. I'm from San Francisco, but I have been living in Colorado since college. I'm super excited to meet everyone! Do you think we could start an informal Class of 2021 FB page in the meantime to meet everyone?

I'm currently living in San Francisco but excited to make the move over to Colorado! :) I'm also really excited to meet everyone. I think I remember Kay saying the waitlist would be finalized by November so maybe we will hear about the facebook page sooner?... I guess we will just have to be patient.

10 hours ago, fefe2017 said:

Hey guys! I'm from CO and super excited to start. The next couple months will fly by, I'd rather wait for the official FB page instead of starting multiple ones. Does anyone who already lives in CO plan on moving to Aurora?

I do, I'm thinking either Stapleton area because I could ride to school otherwise I was thinking about the 21 Fitzsimmons places just for the ease of walking to class. 

Depending where in Denver you live the commute could range from 15 mins to 30-45 or so? If you’re talking about downtown Denver, I’d say the commute would be on the longer end of that range, but, there is good access to the Light Rail so it could be a productive commute. I live in Denver so happy to try and answer more specific questions. 

3 hours ago, alex3141 said:

Would living intfe Denver be a reasonable commute? It looks fine but I’m not sure about traffic/rush hour. I’m from CA so not very familiar with CO ?

Agree with the above anything west of Colorado is going to be a longer drive commute. Downtown is doable on the light rail but panythjnig west of downtown is a right off. You can go south on I-225 a fair way without to much traffic hassle. I drove to my interview from a friends place in Centenial and there was zero traffic, took me 20 mins.

3 hours ago, sel1226 said:

Hi everyone! Just wondering if anyone knows what specific areas students live in? I'm from Michigan so I'm pretty clueless about CO lol

Search for apts in Aurora/stapleton area if you want to stay close to campus. There are apts right next to campus (across the streets) called 21 Fitzsimons apts. and there are even newer apts that just got done being built across from the Children's Hospital on Colfax (not sure what they're called)

16 hours ago, fefe2017 said:

Search for apts in Aurora/stapleton area if you want to stay close to campus. There are apts right next to campus (across the streets) called 21 Fitzsimons apts. and there are even newer apts that just got done being built across from the Children's Hospital on Colfax (not sure what they're called)

Just an FYI the apartments across the street from Children's are called Forum on Fitzsimons. They look really awesome, brand new and have very similar amenities to the 21 Fitzsimons complex (pool, club house, fitness center and some shops). The pricing is also fairly similar if not a little bit cheaper, it doesn't appear there is covered or garage parking just gated outdoor parking. Below is the link to their website.

http://www.liveforumfitz.com/

If anyone is looking to live with someone, I would be interested in a two bedroom place to split with a fellow student.

On 11/4/2017 at 7:14 PM, alex3141 said:

Would living in Denver be a reasonable commute? It looks fine but I’m not sure about traffic/rush hour. I’m from CA so not very familiar with CO ?

I have been living in Denver and commuting to the campus for the last 3+ years. I used to live in Capitol Hill and the commute took me about 20-25 minutes. Cap Hill is a great neighborhood, lots of young people, fun bars and restaurants etc. I now live in Wash Park and it takes me about 30 minutes. Wash Park is more of a young single family home type neighborhood but still great. Better parking than cap hill as well. Someone below said that anything west of Colorado would be a hassle but both of these locations are west of Colorado and its not too bad. I wouldn't go west of I-25. The big rush hour traffic tends to hit the highways (I-25 and I-70) so if you can avoid those on your commute you will be good. As you head east closer to campus your commute will be easier but you won't find as many fun, young neighborhoods. So its going to be a trade off one way or the other. 

3 hours ago, COkid said:

Hi! Can’t wait to meet you all! Did they cash the check anyone sent yet? Kay confirmed she got it and I was in the program, they just haven’t cashed it yet. Thanks!

Hello! My check was deposited but it took her a few weeks after she confirmed that she received my paperwork, so no need to worry yet.

Archived