Not Sure What School To Apply For??

Hey fellow aspiring PA!

I am an international student applying to PA schools for the first time. I have experienced firsthand how stressful it can be to select the right school for you.

While there are some basic search engines available to facilitate the search process, most of them are not very user-friendly, and not all information seems up-to-date. Therefore, the problem-solver in me decided to build my own efficient PA school finder with CORRECT information, and filters we all really care about.

What are the filters we care about most? In my opinion the following filters are most important:

- Cost (according to YOUR residency status)

- Average GPA admitted students/ Minimum GPA (Which one of the two is more important?)

- Average GRE / minimum GRE (Same as above)

- Health Care Experience hours required 

- Accreditation status

- PANCE Pass rates

What are some other essential factors that you would like to see included? I would greatly appreciate any feedback, and ideas, so that we can together create the most useful PA school finder!

Thank You

Start date of the program might be helpful or at least the starting month.

Application deadlines (CASPA submitted versus verified deadlines etc.) and rolling versus non-rolling program selections.

Maybe an extra filtering option for programs that give preferences to certain applicants (alumni, veterans, geographic location, ethnic groups etc.).

If I think of others later on I will come back and add them. I really like this idea though because I found there weren't great options for online search/filtering websites when I needed to pick out programs to apply to. I mainly used the PAEA search site when I did my applications but it didn't have that many filtering options. There is one other site I saw recently http://paprogramsearch.com which also seemed pretty good.

Yes there might be a book out there for this, but filtering based on your application stats/features is much faster in my opinion.

Archived