confused... what cycle will I fall into?

I'm kind of curious, pertaining my circumstances, which cycle I will be able to apply into. I will graduate in spring 2019. I have prerequisites for PA school that I will be completing my graduating semester. With that being said, I am confused on whether or not I will be able to apply for the 2019 cycle for classes that in the fall, or if I fall into the 2020 cycle. Could someone make it clearer for me, because I feel like I'm confusing myself on something that is quite simple. 

Thanks

Not sure if this is what your asking; but the people who are currently applying (CASPA opened in April) are interviewing now through January-ish depending on the program, for classes which will start in the summer of 2018.

So in order to start in the fall of 2019 after you graduate, you would need to apply in April 2018 (assuming you get accepted somewhere).

Does that make sense/answer your question?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, that makes sense. I be in the 2020 cycle, then. I don't believe I can apply with THAT many pre-reqs in 2018 for the 2019 cycle, so I believe 2020 will be my cycle. I'll apply around the same time I'm graduating then. That makes it simple. And I'll have about a year or so, I suppose, before I start PA school. I feel like someone told me before that the earlier you apply the better chances because it's more seats still available so you're not competing as hard, so that's my plan. I'm applying to NC schools only for certain circumstances, so if that helps any. 

Thank you!

9 minutes ago, NikkiO said:

2019-2020 cycle, and then you'll have a year of working/relaxing/what-have-you before class actually starts in 2020.

Yep! That'll be ok with me. I'll spend time with loved ones, work, relax... just enjoy life for once between undergrad and PA school :) it'll be nice. I'll probably keep working EMS to keep paying off the undergrad loans. But it'll be nice to not have to worry about school for a year haha. I have a grandma and a brother, and that's it now, so it'll be really nice to be able to spend more time with them and not stressed about anything. 

Archived