Sullivan Applicant 2017-2018 Cycle

I received a rejection email Monday morning so if you haven't heard yet I think it would be safe to stay hopeful. Best of luck to Everyone! I will try again next year. Also, I live in Louisville, it's easy to get into an unsafe area if you try to find a hotel really close. That is not to say the school itself is in an unsafe area, because it is not. I will have to check my daughter's schedule to see when she comes home from college for Christmas break but it's possible I might be able to host someone coming in from out of town for an Interview if needed. If you prefer a hotel definitely check with one of the locals in this chat to see if you are in a safe area.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Received an interview invite this morning! Interview date is December 12th. Ditto on anyone with info about the area. Can anyone shed light on the interview process? Email says group activity, multiple mini style interviews and a meal. I look forward to meeting all of you and wish the best to everyone. 

I live in Louisville and I think the best location to get a hotel is just near the airport. They have a wide range of hotel costs, from Sleep Inn or Holiday Inn, to some higher price options like a Hilton or Crowne Plaza. The Crowne Plaza is a great location. It is right off the expressway that takes you directly to Sullivan, whether you rent a car or get a taxi or Uber. Sullivan is just a few exits down, probably no more than 15 minutes away. As another local mentioned above, the school is not necessarily in a bad area of Louisville, there just aren't the best hotel options nearby. 

If anyone has any other questions, feel free to message me too!

1 hour ago, APress5221 said:

Interviewing Jan 12! So excited to meet everyone! Is anyone familiar with an MMI style interview?

MMI is actually pretty cool and it's fun. I recommend watching videos on YouTube on MMI scenarios get an idea. ( I think course grinder is the one I used). The one I attended was 1 on 1 with five different rooms. You get 6 minutes in each room and 2 minutes prior to entering to read the question or scenario. Then, you move on to the next room and so forth. 

4 minutes ago, Dmorriston said:

Well, not sure if I will be interviewing or not. Only waitlist spots are available now. I've been at the hospital all day working and couldn't get on the internet to pay the fee. Not sure that I want to pay $100 for  chance of not even getting an interview.

So they sent out more invites than they had spots for interviews? Their admissions isn't rolling is it, I've tried to find stuff online about their previous admission cycles but it seems they've changed it since 2015? 

1 hour ago, Ash940 said:

So they sent out more invites than they had spots for interviews? Their admissions isn't rolling is it, I've tried to find stuff online about their previous admission cycles but it seems they've changed it since 2015? 

This is standard practice for programs. They offer additional interviews beyond the intended interview spots because they know that some students who were offered an initial interview and accepted will then decline because they got accepted into another program, unforeseen circumstances, emergencies etc. This happened to me with the University of Utah this year. I was “waitlisted to interview”. I know it sucks that it wasn’t an official interview offer, but the way that I look at it as at least it wasn’t a no. It means you made the biggest cut which most people obviously don’t. 

unfortunately waiting one day to fill out the supplemental cost me an interview did not think the spots would go nearly that fast and spending $100 for a waistlist spot is to much money for such a small chance but luckily i have 2 more interviews to go to. Good luck everyone! 

49 minutes ago, dbfowl said:

unfortunately waiting one day to fill out the supplemental cost me an interview did not think the spots would go nearly that fast and spending $100 for a waistlist spot is to much money for such a small chance but luckily i have 2 more interviews to go to. Good luck everyone! 

I ended up spending the $100 because Joey told me there was only one other person on the waitlist. So I figured the odds are pretty good. 

40 minutes ago, Dmorriston said:

I ended up spending the $100 because Joey told me there was only one other person on the waitlist. So I figured the odds are pretty good. 

That seems really weird that spots are based on fastest response. Did Joey happen to tell you how many people they are interviewing? Does anyone know how many they interview? I hope a spot opens up for you. 

That seems really weird that spots are based on fastest response. Did Joey happen to tell you how many people they are interviewing? Does anyone know how many they interview? I hope a spot opens up for you. 

I thought I read somewhere that they are interviewing a max of 30 per interview date. 6 days so max 180 students to interview? Yes I wish they would’ve stated on the invitation email that it would be first come first serve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone know if you have a disadvantage interviewing in January as opposed to an earlier date (i.e. December)? I know they do not utilize rolling admissions but my sister goes to PA school at Augsburg where they also do not utilizing rolling admissions. However, they filled up their seats on the first round of interviews because they didn't want to go through the hassle of screening all the applicants. Do they accept an "x" number of applicants per interview date or do they just accept as many as they see fit per interview date? Any insight is much appreciated, thanks!!

Does anyone know if you have a disadvantage interviewing in January as opposed to an earlier date (i.e. December)? I know they do not utilize rolling admissions but my sister goes to PA school at Augsburg where they also do not utilizing rolling admissions. However, they filled up their seats on the first round of interviews because they didn't want to go through the hassle of screening all the applicants. Do they accept an "x" number of applicants per interview date or do they just accept as many as they see fit per interview date? Any insight is much appreciated, thanks!!

Hi, I am unsure of what Sullivan specifically does but they would literally be wasting their time interviewing 90 more people in January and February. I interviewed at a school that interviews over 200 people and accepts 25... so they were strategic with accepting/waitlisting a certain amount of people since interviews were so spread out Bc they had 12 interview days. I would assume other schools do the something similar. They’re busy people and it wouldn’t be smart to waste 3 full days interviewing people they’re not gonna even consider. I’m sure it happens some places but I would assume with this being their third class that they have an effective way of choosing people and not wasting their time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, HODOR said:

In the FAQ on the website, it states that all decision letters go out about 1 week after the final interview date. That sounds to me like they want to interview everyone first before making final decisions. 

Archived