Sullivan Applicant 2017-2018 Cycle

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is the initial review verification email after they have completed the initial evaluation or when they are beginning?  I have received an email stating my application has been received and is currently under review, which could take as long as 4 weeks but says nothing about October.

On 7/22/2017 at 0:10 AM, SusanAW said:

Does anyone know if they really look at only 3 recommendation letter?

Do PA schools usually prefer LOR from healthcare professionals?

Since they have you specifically choose  which letters you want them to review, I would think that they would only review those. I really don't know that for sure though. But I do know that most schools prefer at least one of the LORs to be from a healthcare professional such as a PA,  and M.D., or an NP. 

Received an e-mail stating application has passed initial review and has been passed on to 2 faculty members for further but that secondary review may take up to 8 weeks past the 9/1 deadline.

Stats; 33/m, Ex-military, current paramedic in NC

cGPA: 3.09

sGPA: 3.49

>3K Hrs. as an EMT/Paramedic in NC

5 hours ago, bstaten said:

Awesome, on to the next step! When did you submit your verified application to them? I got my "under initial review" email on June 28th.

Also, which military branch? I was active duty in the Marines. I'm pumped to see other veterans applying!

I was Army infantry from 06-10 and NG Boyscout from 10-14.  I submitted in mid-late june.  So far I have 1 interview at my primary choice and they are the only school I applied to that uses rolling admissions so if that doesn't pan out I'll be looking to hear from these guys later in the year. Best of luck, I think active service makes our applications stand out in a good way.

On July 22, 2017 at 1:10 AM, SusanAW said:

Does anyone know if they really look at only 3 recommendation letter?

Do PA schools usually prefer LOR from healthcare professionals?

I emailed the director of admissions and he says some reviewers will look at all five, but they only have to look at the three you specified. Since all five are available, they can be considered. 

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, AnatomyJane17 said:

Received my second email this afternoon as well (8/9). It says that we probably won't hear back about interviews until late October or early November. So the wait continues!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got mine yesterday too! 

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/7/2017 at 0:15 AM, DD2PA said:

Anybody hear anything? I see one person has received an email about a secondary review, has anyone else? I've only gotten the initial review email on July 17th.

I received the email that my application has been sent for 2 faculty members to review on July 19th.

Submitted application on 8/1/17, initial review on 8/7/17 and secondary review notification on 8/18/17. Hope this is a great year for everyone!

My stats: 

29 y/o M, B.S. Exercise and Sport Science

cGPA: 3.65

sGPA: 3.92

PCE: 3500hrs Physical Therapy Aide in OR

Shadowing: 60+hrs in Family Practice, Immediate Care, Orthopedics, Internal Medicine, and Vein Specialty.

4 LOR: (2) PA's, (1) Supervisor, (1) Academic.

Thanks all!

• 5 weeks later...

Archived