2017-2018 application cycle

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I was told when I hit the invite for 12/1 that it was the last one. I’m from Arkansas but was in New Mexico for work, travel nurse stuff and come home fit good this weekend. When I asked I could pick a later date to save the money from a plane ticket I was told no because it was the last one. 

Bery sorry:/ uams can be a little slow getting back to people at times. I’m a 3rd time applicant and I applied to uams in April and only barely got the invite for 12/1

2 hours ago, Alexfish said:

Can anyone confidently confirm that there are no more interviews being offered? I applied late July and still haven’t heard anything:/ 

Don’t stop applying though! If it’s what you want to do it will show when your time comes! Good luck to you!

2 hours ago, Alexfish said:

Thank you for this:/ so so sweet of you! Praying for everyone and congrats to everyone!!

You’re welcome, i am a big believer in communication haha. 

But seriously, this cycle was my third cycle after graduating already. Idk what your stats are or gre scores or healthcare experience but I would volunteer somewhere, find a good hobby or extracurricular that you can talk about, be passionate about something outside of healthcare (for me that’s outdoors and playing music) let your passion come out in your personal essay and just don’t stop applying if that’s what you want to do. Sure I probably could hav gotten into medical school faster statistically speaking, but I would rather it take three times to get into PA school than spend the rest of my life wishing I would have gone the PA route instead. The odds aren’t really in anyone’s favor when they apply to PA schools, but the numbers show the successful applicant applies to about 10 schools I think is the new number. Uams is my first choice but I applied to 12 

Hey everyone. I figured I’d relay a little update. I contacted Professor Willett today to see if we could get a roster list for the class of 2020 and he said they were still working on it. He mentioned that the class is selected and everyone that has been accepted has been notified. He didn’t say if everyone who was notified had accepted their seat. So, I’m not sure if all the seats have been filled or not! 

Just now, syedahma3601 said:

Hey everyone. I figured I’d relay a little update. I contacted Professor Willett today to see if we could get a roster list for the class of 2020 and he said they were still working on it. He mentioned that the class is selected and everyone that has been accepted has been notified. He didn’t say if everyone who was notified had accepted their seat. So, I’m not sure if all the seats have been filled or not! 

With that being said, like Bmr14 mentioned, don’t stop applying if you don’t get accepted this round. Receiving the rejecting letter is the last thing anyone wants to see, I know from personal experience. Use it to better yourself, find the areas that you think need improvement and work on them. Get more direct patient hours, boost your GRE score, work on your personal statement, your rec letters, and show the programs that this is what you want to do!  Best of luck to all of you guys waiting!  

21 minutes ago, syedahma3601 said:

So the class has been selected, as in forty acceptances have gone out?

5 minutes ago, aspiring__PA said:

So the class has been selected, as in forty acceptances have gone out?

She said everyone accepted had been notified so I guess so. 

Does anyone know how they contact you to let you know about waitlist? & has anyone other the the folks in the very first interview been notified about being waitlisted? 

Archived