2017-2018 Yale University (on campus) Application Thread

3 hours ago, Rico1994 said:

Just got an invitation to interview. I've accepted an admission offer elsewhere so there's a spot for someone else. Good luck everyone! 

Do you mind sharing what date they offered you an interview for. Just curious how much notice they give you to make travel arrangements. Congrats on getting accepted elsewhere!

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/15/2017 at 1:23 PM, Rico1994 said:

Just got an invitation to interview. I've accepted an admission offer elsewhere so there's a spot for someone else. Good luck everyone! 

Would you mind letting me know what the interview timeline is? I just got the invite to interview and I'm looking at flights But I don't know what the schedule is like for interview day or what time to schedule an outgoing flight for! Thank you :)

2 minutes ago, tiedyepa said:

Would you mind letting me know what the interview timeline is? I just got the invite to interview and I'm looking at flights But I don't know what the schedule is like for interview day or what time to schedule an outgoing flight for! Thank you :)

Hey-

I called and spoke with the program. The dinner the night before is 6-9 and the interview day is 8-2:30 (3pm at the latest). If you are applying or have interest in the dual degree program, it may run slightly longer.

Here is a handy link to the recommended airports to fly into.

What day are you going to be there?

Just now, Cjp15 said:

Hey-

I called and spoke with the program. The dinner the night before is 6-9 and the interview day is 8-2:30 (3pm at the latest). If you are applying or have interest in the dual degree program, it may run slightly longer.

Here is a handy link to the recommended airports to fly into.

What day are you going to be there?

October 18th! Thank you so much for the info, I'm trying to prep early!

Hey guys, I submitted my supplemental application on literally the last day it was possible to (Sept. 1st). I was really anxious and wanted to take my time, but in retrospect should have just gotten it over with early considering how prestigious, popular, and respectable Yale is. I'm afraid I won't get an offer to interview because of the rolling admissions process Yale employs. Do any of you have insight on rolling admissions?

3 minutes ago, MG358 said:

Is anyone interviewing 10/11? I am so nervous! Yale is 20 minutes from home for me but I currently live in Boston. I am really hoping the interview goes well! I think 10/11 is the first interview date this cycle?  

Hey! I'm interviewing 10/11. It is the first interview of the cycle :o

I'm actually coming from Boston too! Are you going to the dinner on the 10th?

4 minutes ago, Emrose said:

Hey! I'm interviewing 10/11. It is the first interview of the cycle :o

I'm actually coming from Boston too! Are you going to the dinner on the 10th?

Oh awesome!! Yup, I'll be going to the dinner. I'm actually flying from North Carolina to CT though, since I have a different interview on Monday. Do you know how many people they typically have at each interview? Looking forward to meeting you :)

1 minute ago, MG358 said:

Oh awesome!! Yup, I'll be going to the dinner. I'm actually flying from North Carolina to CT though, since I have a different interview on Monday. Do you know how many people they typically have at each interview? Looking forward to meeting you :)

I think it's 10-15 people per interview! And they do about 10 interviews? Looking forward to meeting you too! Yale is my top choice so I'm hoping this goes well!

4 hours ago, tenthdoc17 said:

Just got an interview for October 31st! What dinner is everyone talking about?

I think everyone is talking about the informal dinner current students host the night before interviews? I received an invite today and will be interviewing November 2nd!

Good luck to everyone interviewing soon and those still waiting to hear back!

Archived