2017-2018 Yale University (on campus) Application Thread

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/17/2017 at 10:52 AM, MG358 said:

I interviewed 10/11, and I know they said we'd likely have to wait until everyone interviewed to hear back but I am checking my phone like crazy! 

I was invited to interview and selected 11/7 yesterday. Received an email this morning that a system glitch caused 11/7 to be overbooked and they were looking for volunteers to switch to the 8th. Due to rolling admissions, I asked if volunteering to change days would affect admissions, i.e. do they fill seats each day or wait until all interviews are complete. Was told by Ms. Cayer that decisions are made after all interviews are completed, so you can rest easy until after 11/8 @MG358 

21 minutes ago, W2CAMStoPA said:

I was invited to interview and selected 11/7 yesterday. Received an email this morning that a system glitch caused 11/7 to be overbooked and they were looking for volunteers to switch to the 8th. Due to rolling admissions, I asked if volunteering to change days would affect admissions, i.e. do they fill seats each day or wait until all interviews are complete. Was told by Ms. Cayer that decisions are made after all interviews are completed, so you can rest easy until after 11/8 @MG358 

Aw man! When I was there they made it seem like there was some tiny chance that some would hear back before then. But thanks for letting me know, and congrats on your interview! Good luck--I really enjoyed mine, and Yale seems like a great program. I guess I can turn the ring volume on my phone down now....

@MG358  Didn't mean to dash any hopes, but rather to reassure. I was told changing to a later interview date wouldn't affect admissions chances, because decisions aren't made each day . But, on further examination, that does not preclude the possibility that some would hear back back sooner. Admissions are shrouded in mystery haha. Considering only 40% of interviews have been completed, maybe they have a really good idea about who they are offering 40% of the seats to. Who knows? And, Thanks, by the way!

@LRL12 Looks like it might be November 8th. Interview dates others have posted, and/or were available for me to choose include: October 11, 12, 17, 18, 19, & 31; and November 1, 2, 7, & 8. That would be ten sessions, 16 interviewees per sessions, for a total of 160 - the same number of interviews they list on the program website. Just an assumption though - not information from the program.

Hi all, I will be interviewing 11/7. Coming from CA. Very excited! A few replies ago PrePhysicianAssistant posted that the interview is a traditional interview that lasts 30 minutes. Is this the case? I have had some very strange group activity interviews so far, so I would actually love a traditional one-on-one. :)

7 minutes ago, ChristineB said:

Hi all, I will be interviewing 11/7. Coming from CA. Very excited! A few replies ago PrePhysicianAssistant posted that the interview is a traditional interview that lasts 30 minutes. Is this the case? I have had some very strange group activity interviews so far, so I would actually love a traditional one-on-one. :)

Same haha! It is just a 30 minute traditional 2-on-1 interview with two faculty members or a faculty member and an alum! It’s a very relaxed environment compared to some other programs I have interviewed at! Good luck!! 

Archived