University of Detroit Mercy: 2017-2018 Application Cycle

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, PAgoals2396 said:

@acmilPA Hello! thanks so much for making he facebook page! I unfortunately could not find the page and was unsure on what your FB name is under to personally message you! Sorry for the confusion! 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/161830037862214/

This is the link to the page. See if you can request to join and we'll add you in! Congrats!

Just now, KTFuturePa said:

Hey everyone! Just received an email that I was waitlisted! Haven’t heard of any rejections yet...

My friend was rejected the day after I received my acceptance so if anyone hasn't been rejected yet that's a good sign!

Good luck on the wait list!!

Received an email today around 3pm notifying me that I have been placed on the alternate list. I asked Rahima if she could tell me my position on the list and she said no. Still trying to be positive and hopeful. Keeping in mind that what is for me will be for me so I will wait it out. Congrats to all those who got accepted!! 

1 minute ago, CTK3 said:

Received an email today around 3pm notifying me that I have been placed on the alternate list. I asked Rahima is she could tell me my position on the list and she said no. Still trying to be positive and hopeful. Keeping in mind that what is for me will be for me so I will wait it out. Congrats to all those who got accepted!! 

Stay positive! I know multiple people who have been accepted to other schools and are considering between there and UDM! The other people accepted and I have not received our official emails yet where we place our deposit and confirm our seats in the class, so you still have a lot of time

2 minutes ago, HopefulPA231 said:

Stay positive! I know multiple people who have been accepted to other schools and are considering between there and UDM! The other people accepted and I have not received our official emails yet where we place our deposit and confirm our seats in the class, so you still have a lot of time

Thank you for that!! Great to know. I do not feel defeated yet so I'm hoping that call is still coming.

11 minutes ago, CTK3 said:

Received an email today around 3pm notifying me that I have been placed on the alternate list. I asked Rahima is she could tell me my position on the list and she said no. Still trying to be positive and hopeful. Keeping in mind that what is for me will be for me so I will wait it out. Congrats to all those who got accepted!! 

I completely understand how you feel. What is meant to be will be and I’m sure everything will work out! Congrats to those accepted!

On 3/30/2018 at 10:39 AM, Potatolife said:

Can you guys all post your stats? I’m applying this year for the first time and U of D is my first option!! 

Overall GPA: 3.79

Science GPA: 3.69 (4.0 on Post-Bach courses - had to retake most pre-reqs because mine were too old, >6 years ago)

GRE: 151, 151, 4.0

Total HCE: 5866 hrs, mostly as a registered dietitian and certified diabetes educator for pregnant women with diabetes. 

Shadowing: 47 hrs shadowing PAs (Emergency Dept. Urgent Care, OB Triage). 12 hrs Shadowing an endocrinology MD

Volunteering: ~150 hrs - lots of nutrition education events

LORs: 1 from nurse manager, 1 from supervising physician. I had another one from a PA but did not submit that one to UDM

First time applicant. I applied only to UDM (accepted) and Wayne State (rejected)

Hope it helps!

10 minutes ago, KTFuturePa said:

I was just accepted off the alternate list today around 3pm! Not sure to what program yet but they said all that information will be sent out in the mail!

Congratulations!

Did they say when the e-mail is going out? Arpil 15 is this Sunday, I can't imagine they would really send it on a Sunday LoL.

7 minutes ago, GotoPAschool said:

Congratulations!

Did they say when the e-mail is going out? Arpil 15 is this Sunday, I can't imagine they would really send it on a Sunday LoL.

Hey! They didn’t say anything about an email she told me it would be in my admissions packet in the mail with all the information and official acceptance and I believe she said it would take about a week to receive it.

Archived