FLORIDA: Florida State University Cycle 2017-2018

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/19/2017 at 3:19 PM, TomB said:

Congratulations to everyone accepted. To everyone else, there's still time. They've only done 2 groups of interviews, there's still 4 to go. 

This is reassuring to hear. I'm so happy for all of you that have gotten in! Does anybody know when they'll invite the next round of interviews. I'm crazily checking my email every hour or so... :P

Hey everyone sorry for the late response but I'm glad more people are getting good news!  If you haven't already seen the curriculum the first semester is by far the most strenuous, so bear with me. Also, all of the PA admin and faculty were out last week for a PAEA conference so Cyndi wasn't there for me to find your answers. Read through the posts and ask people who just interviewed their opinions. Don't ask for interview questions, you won't get them. Be yourself and know why you want to be a PA and you'll do fine. Message me if you have any questions that weren't covered in the blog and I'll do my best to get back to you as soon as possible. Good luck!  

Also, if you're still waiting, it's not over. There is, I believe 3 interviews in November and 1 in December. Don't give up!

Spoke to Cyndi this afternoon. All interview invites for this year have been offered.  There may be a couple more if people decline. If you did not receive an interview invite don't let it discourage.  Find ways to strengthen your packet and standout in the future. If you've applied to other programs, I certainly wish you the best. 

For those who have already interviewed and are anxiously awaiting hearing from the program, Cyndi also wanted me to share this with you: while some people have been offered a seat for the class of 2020, most offers will not be extended until AFTER all of the interviews have been conducted. So, if you haven't interviewed yet, there's a little less stress for you to worry about.  She didn't give me an exact number, so I can't answer that. I just know of the 50 seats, the vast majority will not be filled until after the last interview date in December. Let me know if you have any additional questions. 

• 3 weeks later...

One more interview this coming Monday!  As a reminder, the faculty are all going to come together AFTER the last group and make the final (and majority) of seat offers.  So, if you haven't heard anything you're not alone! There have only been a few offers sent.  This is the hardest part, believe me I know!  Best of luck to every one interviewing Monday and to all who have interviewed.  Hopefully you will receive positive news for the holidays!  As always, feel free to reach out with any questions, if I don't know the answer I will find out from Cyndi!  We are down to our last week of lectures and exams next week for our first semester, then finals the week after.  So, if I'm a little slow to get back to you please understand why!  

11 hours ago, TomB said:

One more interview this coming Monday!  As a reminder, the faculty are all going to come together AFTER the last group and make the final (and majority) of seat offers.  So, if you haven't heard anything you're not alone! There have only been a few offers sent.  This is the hardest part, believe me I know!  Best of luck to every one interviewing Monday and to all who have interviewed.  Hopefully you will receive positive news for the holidays!  As always, feel free to reach out with any questions, if I don't know the answer I will find out from Cyndi!  We are down to our last week of lectures and exams next week for our first semester, then finals the week after.  So, if I'm a little slow to get back to you please understand why!  

Thanks for being so open and helpful during this stressful time. I know I'm not the only one who appreciates it. Good luck with your finals! How many exams do you have coming up before the semester ends??

5 hours ago, itsleahhh said:

Thanks for being so open and helpful during this stressful time. I know I'm not the only one who appreciates it. Good luck with your finals! How many exams do you have coming up before the semester ends??

Thank you!  We have our last anatomy written Friday, the anatomy practical Monday, pharmacology Tuesday, physiology and nutrition Thursday.  Then finals the following week.

Thank you to everyone who took time to ask questions and to respond to them on this forum. I am very excited and nervous for this upcoming Monday. Any last minute tips or resources you found the most helpful in your preparation? Thank you again for all your help. I look forward to meeting everyone who is at this interview session.

Thank you Tom for your help and words of encouragement. We all really appreciate it. Those whom asked for advice on the interviews, Tom really said it best when he said to be yourselves. I interviewed three weeks ago and I got the sense that the staff just wanted to see the person behind the application. Best of luck with everyone. I'm definitely anxiously awaiting... as this is my dream school! 

TC 

Wow congrats! I'm currently abroad so I'm on pins and needles if they are able to call me properly and for it to go through! I just made some adjustments to my phone and hopefully all goes well. I'm beyond excited for everyones acceptances thus far! Hopefully I will receive a call soon! My stomach is turning just thinking about it. Haha 

Archived