FLORIDA: Florida State University Cycle 2017-2018

42 minutes ago, patpat702 said:

Congratulations to everyone whom received an acceptance call.. Hoping to receive a call as well. And of course good luck with Finals TomB!!

I second that, congratulations everyone!! 

I'm in the same boat as you. Anxiously awaiting a phone call. At my interview they told my group we would hear back by the end of December and the majority of offers would be made towards the end of December.  We are in the beginning of December so there's still hope!

I believe the last interview was 12/4, this past Monday. There could be another one, but the real waiting game has officially begun...

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations to everyone hearing good news!  Reading all of your comments brought me back to earlier this year when I was in your position and got that call; I will never forget it.  To those who haven't, don't give up hope.  Keep in mind they have to contact AT LEAST 50 people and those calls can take sometime to go out.  I say at least 50 because there may be some who decline their seat due to other acceptances so keep that in mind!  Best of luck to everyone and congratulations to those accepted!   As always, feel free to reach out with any questions or concerns! 

P.s.

It's too early to know if you weren't selected so try not to beat yourself up.  It's not over till it's over.

Well FSU was the only school out of all my schools applied to that offered an interview. Unfortunately, I just got a rejection email. Its definitely gutting but I just want to say that I'm very happy for everyone lucky enough to get a seat. I wish you every ounce of success. Hopefully next time around is my round. Grateful for the opportunity. Congrats guys!

I received a call yesterday around 2:30 PM, I'm officially on the wait list. I feel lucky to even have a spot on this list, apparently there are only 20 spots. They let you know what number you are, and Cyndi told me she will send out an email next week about the wait list, and update me every so often on my number. People who have been put on the wait list... there's still a chance. I know how you feel, it's discouraging. My plans are to hope for the best, but also reflect on my interview and application. I've already started my plan for next year's cycle and how to strengthen just about every aspect, just in case. FSU was and remains my top choice, so I'm a little disheartened but trying to remain hopeful. 

Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted!  I have spoke to Cyndi, all of the seats have been offered as well as the waitlist positions. For those on the waitlist, there's still a chance.  I know of people getting an offer the week before the start date. Things happen and some people may change their minds or get an offer from other programs. 

For those who didn't receive good news, keep your heads up. Gain more experience, especially direct pt care. Reach out to people and find out how you can improve your application.  Become more comfortable in knowing why you want to be a PA and work on your interview skills. If you were invited for an interview, you are obviously qualified. Just look for ways to make yourself stand out! 

Also, for individuals accepted. Our class started a Facebook group pretty soon after the acceptance offers were sent. This was extremely beneficial to getting to know people and disseminating information which kept Cyndi from recieving a thousand emails asking the same question. Also, consider adding some of the current years class as we can likely answer a lot of the questions for you. Let me know if you have any questions. 

Archived