FLORIDA: Florida State University Cycle 2017-2018

Figured I would start this thread for all the current CASPA applicants applying to FSU this cycle.  If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask, there are a few of us that were admitted on the forum.  Obviously, we won't know much as far as day-to-day life since we start in August but we can certainly help with this stage of the process.  Good luck and remember to apply early!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the first time applicants here, this is when the hardest part begins....waiting.  Just trust the process and don't count yourself out.  It's not over till it's over, hang in there and don't beat yourself up.  Don't compare yourself to other applicants, FSU doesn't make decisions like a lot of the cookie cutter programs.  They will take your whole application into account.  Best of luck.

• 4 weeks later...

If you are invited for an interview, you will understand why 40 individuals accepted a seat to a developing program that had yet to receive a provisional accreditation.  This was one of the most welcoming programs I have encountered.  During the ARC-PA walk through there were zero observances.  This is not the first program the director has started, he is very knowledgeable of the process and standards.  In my opinion, you shouldn't let the provisional accreditation scare you away.    

The facilities available at this program are outstanding and the clerkship program is modeled after the MD program.  There are numerous regional campuses around the state where you will spend 12 months for your clerkship.  You will work 1 on 1 with a preceptor in the rotation so you won't have to fight with medical students to gain hands on experience.  Look at the FSU Med website and research the program and watch the virtual tours!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey everyone, I submitted my CASPA app in July and as you all know we were required to submit transcripts to CASPA. When I read over the admission information, the site states that transcripts are not required until an official offer of admission has been made. When I am looking at my application status, it says transcripts needed, which makes me feel that I should send transcripts to the school. I am still waiting to hear back from FSU... Should just wait before taking action, right?

Hi,

I emailed admissions regarding the supplemental PCE verification form. I'm having trouble obtaining a physical signature from some of my previous jobs. I can provide the contacts but just not the actual signatuee. Does any else ran into this issue. I haven't gotten a reply from admission yet.

On 9/18/2017 at 0:21 AM, HHCMc said:

Hey everyone, I submitted my CASPA app in July and as you all know we were required to submit transcripts to CASPA. When I read over the admission information, the site states that transcripts are not required until an official offer of admission has been made. When I am looking at my application status, it says transcripts needed, which makes me feel that I should send transcripts to the school. I am still waiting to hear back from FSU... Should just wait before taking action, right?

Regarding the transcript submission, YOU MUST submit them to CASPA for your application to be verified (that's a CASPA requirement). The official transcript sumbission in the program information is a requirement the school has if you're accepted to send them directly to the university. It's so they have a copy because CASPA does not provide one. It's for auditing purposes. So if you have not done so already, submit your transcript to CASPA ASAP

On 9/18/2017 at 0:24 AM, Rinmi said:

Hi,

I emailed admissions regarding the supplemental PCE verification form. I'm having trouble obtaining a physical signature from some of my previous jobs. I can provide the contacts but just not the actual signatuee. Does any else ran into this issue. I haven't gotten a reply from admission yet.

Give them a chance to get back to you, it's been a crazy week. The university was shut down for 6 days due to the hurricane. I'm certain they'll answer you as soon as they can. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just realized this was posted in last year's forum, my apologies...

Hey everyone, 

So I spoke to Cyndi today, she said the emails are going out this evening or tomorrow for 60 individuals.  The rest will go out after the application closes.  The first round will be mid Oct and go through Nov.  Let me know if you have further questions via DM and I'll do my best to answer or find one for you. Look forward to seeing everyone.

***EDIT***

dates for interview go through December. 

Archived