How Long Did it Take Your Transcripts to be Verified?

I've been seeing similar (if not the same) questions floating around this forum, but the posts always fall short of answering. I'm also having difficulty finding the answer on the CASPA faq. I'm wondering how long it takes CASPA to verify transcripts after they have confirmed receiving it. One of my schools submitted my transcript to CASPA and CASPA has posted that they had received it on 5.11.17. It's now 5.21.17 and it still has yet to actually be verified. Is this normal?

CASPA will not begin verifying your coursework until all transcripts are received, two letters of rec are completed, and you have pressed "submit" and paid the fee for at least one program. Have you completed all of that?

https://portal.caspaonline.org/caspaHelpPages/frequently-asked-questions/processing-your-application/e-submitting-the-online-application/index.html

Submitted last night Sunday at 9pm and got the verification complete Monday at 5am. That was quick! Just received an email from a school at 9am that my application was received.

When did you request your transcript from your school and when was the "sent" date?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When did you request your transcript from your school and when was the "sent" date?

I submitted my transcript on May 9th when grades officially posted and it was an electronic submission so it takes maybe 2-3 days max for caspa to receive it.  The final hurdle was finishing my personal statement and supplementary questions on CASPA.  

The same day I requested it was sent out to CASPA.

Thank you all for the responses, but I'm talking specifically about transcripts, not the entire application.

Right when my transcripts got received by CASPA, I paid for my programs. The day after, everything including my transcripts were verified.

Right when my transcripts got received by CASPA, I paid for my programs. The day after, everything including my transcripts were verified.

To add, your transcripts aren't verified until the time of submission of your CASPA apps.

I think you're confusing the concept of verification. Your transcripts aren't verified in a separate process than your application. Your coursework is the only thing that is verified, and that isn't done until you're transcripts are in, AND two references, AND you've submitted to at least one program. Technically you're transcripts aren't "verified" at all, I think it just has that as a status on the status screen once your actual app is verified.

I think you're confusing the concept of verification. Your transcripts aren't verified in a separate process than your application. Your coursework is the only thing that is verified, and that isn't done until you're transcripts are in, AND two references, AND you've submitted to at least one program. Technically you're transcripts aren't "verified" at all, I think it just has that as a status on the status screen once your actual app is verified.

^Thank you. Again, I've already submitted my application a few days ago and everything is verified/done. So my question is now pointless.

• 2 months later...

Archived