Pre-Physician Assistant Society Undergrad University Student Orgs

Any members who have been part of a Pre-Physician Assistant Society student organization at the campus/university in the past either as a member or officer/board member? I am currently the vice-president of our society on campus, and I am looking for any advice or tips from other’s experience in the past. We have bi-weekly meetings and have guest speakers from PA programs, current PAs, PA students, info for members about CASPA, PCE/HCE and some events. It's very difficult to find any information about undergrad Pre-PA societies online, and I am always looking for new ideas to get future PA students more involved or find the best ways to cater to their needs while also growing out smaller student organization. Any advice, tips, or info would be so incredible and helpful!

(We are always looking for PAs and PA students to come and speak to! Members also love hearing about applicant stats, so I try to use the forum to research this as much as possible.)

Current PA student and former VP of undergrad pre-PA society here. All of the ideas you've mentioned are great. One thing I wish we had done in my organization was arrange networking opportunities for college students to find healthcare related jobs (scribe, MA, physical therapy tech, etc.) prior to beginning the PA school application process.

Send me a message if this is something you'd like to pursue. I may actually have a contact in Maryland who could help you out. 

Current PA student and former VP of undergrad pre-PA society here. All of the ideas you've mentioned are great. One thing I wish we had done in my organization was arrange networking opportunities for college students to find healthcare related jobs (scribe, MA, physical therapy tech, etc.) prior to beginning the PA school application process.

Send me a message if this is something you'd like to pursue. I may actually have a contact in Maryland who could help you out. 

Thanks so much for your response! I will definitely be messaging you! I recently sent out a survey for some feedback from our members and this was something that was mentioned. I am always looking for ways to offer more healthcare related jobs, shadowing opportunities, network, etc. Some other feedback we received from a lot of members related to members/students wanted to be more involved with each other in and outside of our meetings. I am brainstorming ideas, especially some fun PA related icebreakers for the beginning of our next semester to get our pre-PA members to feel more comfortable with one another as this seems to be something they are looking for.

Archived