Northwestern 2017-2018 Applicants

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, Jenk_CO said:

I interviewed on August 23rd and was accepted on August 31st. Good luck at your interview!

Hey @Jenk_CO! Congrats on your interview and acceptance! Is this your first choice? Can I ask what your thoughts on the program (most unique thing besides PBL?) and any advice for the interview? I'm a little nervous that it's already the fifth interview but I am super excited to interview next month and see the campus. 

1 hour ago, Emrose said:

Hey @Jenk_CO! Congrats on your interview and acceptance! Is this your first choice? Can I ask what your thoughts on the program (most unique thing besides PBL?) and any advice for the interview? I'm a little nervous that it's already the fifth interview but I am super excited to interview next month and see the campus. 

It is an amazing program and I really enjoyed spending a day there getting to know the school, faculty, and students. The PBL is the most unique aspect of the school so it is smart to have a good understanding of it and how your learning style fits into the curriculum. Another exciting aspect is the opportunity to rotate through Northwestern Memorial and Lurie Children's- both world class hospitals. For the interview I probably don't have any tips you haven't thought of already-- just know why you want to be a PA, why Northwestern, what you will bring to the incoming class, etc. It is a relatively relaxed day (as relaxed as any interview day can be haha) and the faculty makes you feel very welcome and comfortable. I was not used to Chicago rush hour traffic so I do wish I had left a little earlier in the morning to get there on time. I arrived with time to spare but it added a little unneeded stress the morning of. It is cliche to say but I really did feel the faculty just wanted to get to know me and not try to trick me with any curveball questions or anything. 

I haven't received any invite or rejection from Northwestern and I finished all my application materials mid- may. My stats are 3.9 overall GPA, 4.0 Science and Prereqs, 600 hours as an EMT, 302? total GRE score (I forgot) and I also have 720hrs as a therapist for adolescents but I was an intern so they didn't count those hours. Safe to say I'm getting a little nervous!

Oh also- 40 hours of shadowing 3 PAs in different specialties, and a variety of volunteering activities. I have a Master's degree in mental health.

On 10/3/2017 at 11:44 PM, melmarie said:

I haven't received any invite or rejection from Northwestern and I finished all my application materials mid- may. My stats are 3.9 overall GPA, 4.0 Science and Prereqs, 600 hours as an EMT, 302? total GRE score (I forgot) and I also have 720hrs as a therapist for adolescents but I was an intern so they didn't count those hours. Safe to say I'm getting a little nervous!

Oh also- 40 hours of shadowing 3 PAs in different specialties, and a variety of volunteering activities. I have a Master's degree in mental health.

You sound like you're very strong academically! And what a cool experience- working as a therapist for adolescents. It sounds like you have a really strong app- especially with your masters degree. I wouldn't be surprised if you heard from them soon... or any other program for that matter!

I am interviewing this Friday and I am starting to get a little anxious (in a good way). Thank you to those who have provided some insight and reassurance about the interview process and congratulations to those who have been accepted. Anyone else here interviewing on Friday the 13th? What a day for interview. lol.

On 10/9/2017 at 2:42 PM, Nicwilk said:

You sound like you're very strong academically! And what a cool experience- working as a therapist for adolescents. It sounds like you have a really strong app- especially with your masters degree. I wouldn't be surprised if you heard from them soon... or any other program for that matter!

Thank you for this! This at least made me feel much better in the stress of things haha. I've heard from other programs and have gotten accepted which I should be ecstatic about- but Northwestern is my top choice 110% and has been for years! Good luck on your interview with them :) 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/19/2017 at 0:35 PM, Leelanau16 said:

Interviewed on 9/15 and just received an acceptance! I am ecstatic! Good Luck to everyone! :D

Hey!! Congratulations:) I can’t imagine how relieved and awesome you feel. Could you share if/how you wrote thank you letters? I can’t seem to find the emails of the PD and the faculty who interviewed me. 

@WonderWall

12 hours ago, pastu727 said:

According to last years forum, people received interviews around 11/12 for 12/2 and 12/12 interview dates....so hopefully there is still hope! 

At the 10/21 interview Kevin said that the class is 52% full and that they would be conducting two more interview sessions( if I remember correctly).  A few days after the interview I was accepted and will be taking a seat in the class. ALSO, working in your favor, the class this year has been expanded to 36 so their are 6 more seats available than usual!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived