Northwestern 2017-2018 Applicants

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/13/2017 at 11:57 AM, PAortheHighway said:

Also received an interview invite today for 12/11!

@papag

so exciting! Good luck! Their class is definitely not full(at the October interview they were 52% full and from what i know only 2 people were accepted from that group). There should be one more interview session after yours-  at the interview Kevin will most likely tell you how many seats they have left and how many more interviews they’ll be conducting. Have fun interviewing:)

On 11/13/2017 at 5:08 PM, mg023 said:

Are interview invites usually all done on one day? If I haven’t heard should I assume I will not receive one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stay hopeful! Some people they extend offers for interviews will have already accepted a seat elsewhere and will deny the interview. They could contact you even a week before the interview if someone backs out. And who knows maybe they send the interviews out in waves!

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/27/2017 at 10:45 AM, sh2017 said:

Does anyone know if there is an interview date after 12/11?

I called maybe two weeks ago and spoke to Kevin directly. He said that they will be continuing to send invitations into December and that we should have an answer sometime in December.  He also said that in preparation for every interview day, he reevaluates all the applicants to determine who to send interviews to!

Hope that helps some. 

36 minutes ago, mvick1590 said:

I called maybe two weeks ago and spoke to Kevin directly. He said that they will be continuing to send invitations into December and that we should have an answer sometime in December.  He also said that in preparation for every interview day, he reevaluates all the applicants to determine who to send interviews to!

Hope that helps some. 

Yes it helps a ton! So there is still hope, hopefully! Thank you soon much for the info :) 

1 hour ago, Pa9512 said:

Have any accepted students received any more emails about the onboarding process/checklist? 

Hi there! The only email I have received included information about paying the deposit and joining the PA Program FB group. I was also put in contact with a mentor who is an alumna of the program. Kevin told me that we would receive more information about the onboarding process in January. I think the next step will be sending official transcripts in January. This page of the program web site gives a decent timeline of what to expect:  http://www.feinberg.northwestern.edu/sites/pa/prospective-students/admitted-students/index.html. Hope this helps! :) 

On 11/29/2017 at 1:51 PM, Leelanau16 said:

Hi there! The only email I have received included information about paying the deposit and joining the PA Program FB group. I was also put in contact with a mentor who is an alumna of the program. Kevin told me that we would receive more information about the onboarding process in January. I think the next step will be sending official transcripts in January. This page of the program web site gives a decent timeline of what to expect:  http://www.feinberg.northwestern.edu/sites/pa/prospective-students/admitted-students/index.html. Hope this helps! :) 

That does help, thank you! That is what I have received as well- just wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing anything! 

Hello! I am interviewing on Monday! I am excited to learn more about Northwestern's program. Can anyone provide some insight as to the group interviews and the writing sample? My previous interviews have included MMI and one-on-one interviews, so this seems quite different! Thank you! 

22 hours ago, papag said:

Hello! I am interviewing on Monday! I am excited to learn more about Northwestern's program. Can anyone provide some insight as to the group interviews and the writing sample? My previous interviews have included MMI and one-on-one interviews, so this seems quite different! Thank you! 

Hey! Congrats on the interview:) I wish I could help more but I interviewed in November and it was two one on one interviews. It seems like they changed the interview format. The people interviewing were extremely personable and truly just want to get to know more about who you are as a person. My advice would be to know your application ans your past experiences very thoroughly. Know what your strengths are academically and as a person, go through your experiences( clinical, academic, research, work, volunteer, shadowing) and reflect on those. The writing sample was very much like the writing portion of the GRE (exact same set up just on paper) - and you took that so you are set... I wouldn’t worry about that. It’s nothing you can study for. If you have any other questions feel free to message me!

20 hours ago, Nicwilk said:

Hey! Congrats on the interview:) I wish I could help more but I interviewed in November and it was two one on one interviews. It seems like they changed the interview format. The people interviewing were extremely personable and truly just want to get to know more about who you are as a person. My advice would be to know your application ans your past experiences very thoroughly. Know what your strengths are academically and as a person, go through your experiences( clinical, academic, research, work, volunteer, shadowing) and reflect on those. The writing sample was very much like the writing portion of the GRE (exact same set up just on paper) - and you took that so you are set... I wouldn’t worry about that. It’s nothing you can study for. If you have any other questions feel free to message me!

Thank you so much!! That was extremely helpful! :) Congrats on your acceptance! 

9 hours ago, ag216 said:

Hey! Hope your interview on Monday went well. Did they by any chance mention when you would expect to hear back? 

Hey! Thank you! The program and school itself was extremely impressive. The program director, Mike MacLean, said the earliest we could be accepted is the end of this week (terrifying), otherwise anytime between now and mid-January. By that point, we should hopefully know whether we are on the waitlist or no longer under consideration. Additionally, there are 10 seats left in the class! 

On 12/15/2017 at 0:30 PM, sjw2017 said:

I still have not heard anything either. 

On 12/17/2017 at 9:32 PM, pastu727 said:

I emailed admissions the other day asking if they would be extending anymore interviews and they didn't answer my question haha....

21 hours ago, Pajohnny said:

Does anyone know if they are finished with the interview process.  They have had my application since the summer and I have not heard anything.  Anyone else in the same boat.

Northwestern: New phone, who dis...

Archived