PA-C Emeritus

Having practiced for 30 years and certified for 24 of them, I am now retired and wondering if I can use this new designation with the "c" after my name. I called the NCCPA and the gentleman I spoke to said I could but I am not convinced since I am not currently certifed. Any input?

I'm envious and hope to join you in the next couple of years.  I'm pedaling as fast as I can.

ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE PA-C EMERITUS DESIGNATION

Applicants will be awarded the PA-C Emeritus designation if they meet the following requirements:

1. Are retired from clinical practice;

2. Are at least 60 years old or document that they have retired from practice due to permanent disability and have qualified for federal Social Security Disability Insurance benefits and/or disability retirement or long-term disability benefits (acceptable documentation is a statement, record or letter on official letterhead from one of the following: a treating physician/medical professional, a federal government agency which issues or provides disability benefits or a state vocational rehabilitation agency);

3. Have been certified by NCCPA at least 20 cumulative years during their PA career; and

4. Have no reportable actions in their NCCPA disciplinary history and no NCCPA disciplinary matter in any stage of review.

Archived