Podcasts?

I'm a huge podcast nerd!

EmCrit and ICU rounds are constantly going on my iPhone, very good topics, timely updates.

Let's see, Toxtalk from OHSU is a good toxicology podcast, Emergency Medicine Cases is out of Toronto, has some good trauma and excited delirium lectures, interesting to hear the Canadian take on things. ER Cast has some good topics, Learning Radiology is a visual podcast that's great.

RESUS ME is a great resuscitation blog out of Australia, now has a podcast.

My favorites though if you have the data storage room, are through Itunes U, UC Irvine has all of their EM Residency narrated powerpoints on some topics, some are basic like sepsis/A-fib/flutter with updates, others are on general topics like "the febrile traveler". Really awesome stuff, lots of case-based learning. Also University of Iowa has their EM Residency lectures, they're not quite as good. There are also Medicine grand rounds of U of Arizona, their topics are pretty broad and can be more directed to hospital medicine or towards outpatient practice.

For work: EMRAP. Done monthly by the guys out at LA County/USC Med Center, and regularly features experts like Amal Mattu, for my money it's the one "can't miss" podcast for emergency medicine. With a healthy dose of humor, it's really the gold standard of medical podcasts. And even better- they're currently doing a three-year cycle of board review topics of emergency medicine, tackling a new subject every month in addition to the three-plus hours they already offer. When I was doing my residency, it was the one podcast the physician residents listened to the most.

For leisure- Joe Rogan's podcast, especially when Joey Diaz and Duncan Trussell are there. Bill Burr has been a guest a few times as well

i mean of course i listen to bill burr and joe rogan! So nice to see other PA's appreciate good humor as well. another non-medical thats fantastic is "My wife hates me", its Rich Vos and his wife bonnie...its magical.

thanks so much tho - i'm currently in an Urgent Care and hoping to make my way into EM (im a relatively new grad), so EM podcasts are def what i'd love.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived