South College 2017 Start

I just want to say thank you to everyone for the encouraging words and advice! The positivity and helpfulness on South's forum speaks volumes for the caliber of students who attend and apply to this program! My interview is coming up in a few weeks and I couldn't be more excited! Good luck to everyone :)

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

C/O 2018 student here. Just wanted to help those applying because I remember how helpful it was reading these posts as an applicant. Here are some general things I can help answer.

South interviews till May. So even if you submitted your application early(like in June) you could receive an interview in April so don't lose hope. You might be one of the lucky ones and submit your app in Feb and be invited for an interview next month. Idk if they send out rejection letters before May, but I would think that if you haven't received a rejection letter, you are still in that maybe pile?

South looks at you at your whole app so don't think you don't have a chance if you have a low HCE, GPA, GRE, etc,. 

I don't think they update you on your app status so it is a waiting game. 

Has anyone received a rejection from South yet? I applied early (september), and haven't heard anything other than when I updated my transcripts. Just wondering if they send rejection letters continuously, or only after all interviews are competed? Thanks for any info.

Has anyone received a rejection from South yet? I applied early (september), and haven't heard anything other than when I updated my transcripts. Just wondering if they send rejection letters continuously, or only after all interviews are completed? Thanks for any info.

C/O 2018 student here. Just wanted to help those applying because I remember how helpful it was reading these posts as an applicant. Here are some general things I can help answer.

South interviews till May. So even if you submitted your application early(like in June) you could receive an interview in April so don't lose hope. You might be one of the lucky ones and submit your app in Feb and be invited for an interview next month. Idk if they send out rejection letters before May, but I would think that if you haven't received a rejection letter, you are still in that maybe pile?

South looks at you at your whole app so don't think you don't have a chance if you have a low HCE, GPA, GRE, etc,. 

I don't think they update you on your app status so it is a waiting game. 

Any specific reason as to why the applicants in Feb get an interview so soon as the following month?

Any last minute tips for an interview? I know it's a group interview but any real specific information one might need to know relating to the school/program? Feel pretty comfortable heading into it for the most part

Very cliche, but be yourself. You have the group interview first and then an individual interview. Do well in your group one because admissions will tell you if you're accepted, waitlisted, or rejected during your individual interview (they've already made up their mind when they call you for your individual "interview"). If you are a maybe, it's possible they could use the individual one to get to know you a little better if they are on the fence (don't count on this). Basically, be yourself and do well in your group one. As for the school/program specific questions, I think you will be fine with general knowledge about the program from the school's website. 

Very cliche, but be yourself. You have the group interview first and then an individual interview. Do well in your group one because admissions will tell you if you're accepted, waitlisted, or rejected during your individual interview (they've already made up their mind when they call you for your individual "interview"). If you are a maybe, it's possible they could use the individual one to get to know you a little better if they are on the fence (don't count on this). Basically, be yourself and do well in your group one. As for the school/program specific questions, I think you will be fine with general knowledge about the program from the school's website. 

How long are the group interviews? Also, do they throw out questions for whomever to answer or is it in an orderly fashion? how many questions do they ask in the group interview?

How long are the group interviews? Also, do they throw out questions for whomever to answer or is it in an orderly fashion? how many questions do they ask in the group interview?

I suggest going back further and reading posts made by other applicants/interviewees within this forum. 

Archived