South College 2017 Start

This is a good question! I also have comparative anatomy and I'm hoping it is acceptable. If you find out before I do, please let us all know! Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone asked them questions like if comparative vertebrate anatomy is acceptable, other writing courses not in the English department count, etc? I have so many pre-req questions, I don't want to bombard them if I don't have to haha

Just talked to a couple fellow students. One of them took comparative anatomy and is in our class. He did say though that admissions made him supplement that course prior to acceptance.  but definitely call/email and ask first.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How long does it take for GRE scores to be sent to a school? I sent them last night. This morning I received an email stating my CASPA and supplemental was complete but my application will not be up for review until my GRE scores are in. Please let me know. Thanks

I sent my scores last Friday and they received them yesterday(Wednesday). I mean you already submitted all your other materials, so your application should definitely be reviewed in November as should mine. 

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys,

i just interviewed at South college yesterday and loved it! Fortunately i was accepted but i am not sure how many people were accepted out of the interview group. they actually didn't do a writing sample and only a med term test which does not impact whether or not you get in. the group interview process was a little intimidating for me. i submitted my application on august 1, got an interview invite on 9/28

hey guys,

i just interviewed at South college yesterday and loved it! Fortunately i was accepted but i am not sure how many people were accepted out of the interview group. they actually didn't do a writing sample and only a med term test which does not impact whether or not you get in. the group interview process was a little intimidating for me. i submitted my application on august 1, got an interview invite on 9/28

Congrats on getting in!!!

Can you possibly elaborate on why it was intimidating? Whats their interview style?

i guess it was intimidating for me because i like the one on one individual interview style better. i just kept getting nervous listening to other people's answers and waiting to say mine. otherwise that it was not bad. the faculty are all super friendly and the only advice i can say is be yourself. i was probably the least qualified patient care hours wise and i am still in undergrad but they said that my personality really showed through in the interview and they thought i'd be a great fit so just try and relax (i know way easier said) and be yourself!! that's all they are wanting to see

i guess it was intimidating for me because i like the one on one individual interview style better. i just kept getting nervous listening to other people's answers and waiting to say mine. otherwise that it was not bad. the faculty are all super friendly and the only advice i can say is be yourself. i was probably the least qualified patient care hours wise and i am still in undergrad but they said that my personality really showed through in the interview and they thought i'd be a great fit so just try and relax (i know way easier said) and be yourself!! that's all they are wanting to see

Congrats!! I interviewed and was accepted as well! I agree the group interview made was difficult in the sense that you don't want to answer too similarly to the person/people who went before you but overall I really enjoyed this interview format! It helped me to connect with the other candidates and the staff was extremely nice and genuinely interested in what you had to say! The medical term quiz was a bit harder than I anticipated but it really had no impact on their decision (I didn't do amazing and still got in). Just go into the interview with a positive outlook and try and enjoy it (easier said than done I agree haha). Good luck everyone!!

Hi guys, I applied to South college about 3 weeks ago and received an email that everything was complete. How likely are candidates who have one missing pre-requisite to get an interview offer? My GPA for both Science and overall are both very close to the averages of South College. I have all other requirements completed. 

Hi guys, I applied to South college about 3 weeks ago and received an email that everything was complete. How likely are candidates who have one missing pre-requisite to get an interview offer? My GPA for both Science and overall are both very close to the averages of South College. I have all other requirements completed.

Are you planning on taking the pre-requisite?

To the people who got accepted from the Nov 11th interview, have you guys received your acceptance packed in the mail yet?

Not yet, I know packet they gave us that day said it should take about a week. However my interviewer said it will probably be more like 10 days.

Not yet, I know packet they gave us that day said it should take about a week. However my interviewer said it will probably be more like 10 days.

i actually just got an email with some information about the seat deposit deadline, etc. do you know how many people were accepted from that date?

i actually just got an email with some information about the seat deposit deadline, etc. do you know how many people were accepted from that date?

I just got the email as well! I know of about 8 people personally who also were accepted. I'm sure there were more though, these were just the people I spoke to when I was waiting outside.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone have problems paying for the supplemental application? Every card I try says it cannot be verified. I did however receive an email saying they were only missing my GRE scores, but no charge was made toy account. Just wondering if anyone else experienced this.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived