South College 2017 Start

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Application and secondary submitted.

Anyone else applying?

I will but not until the end of September. My GRE is not very competitive so I'm waiting to retake the test. I

On the website it says that they don't begin interviews until January, however I noticed in previous discussions that they interview earlier than that. Do they have rolling admissions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will but not until the end of September. My GRE is not very competitive so I'm waiting to retake the test. I

On the website it says that they don't begin interviews until January, however I noticed in previous discussions that they interview earlier than that. Do they have rolling admissions?

Make sure it is above 300, you will not be accepted if it is not. 

Last year they began interviews in late October.  South does have rolling admissions.  From reading prior year posts, it seems they let you know if you are rejected, accepted, or wait-listed the day of interview.

This is true. After lunch, the 3 interviewers bring you in one at a time for a final individual interview and tell you if you're accepted or not

• 4 weeks later...

I am applying again this year. I applied last year and did not get an Interview so I raised my GPA, have more volunteer hours and over 12,000 hours of hands on experience as a Surgical Technologist. I also have very strong letters of recommendation. I never heard anything about having a GRE score above 300. This must be something new. 

I am applying again this year. I applied last year and did not get an Interview so I raised my GPA, have more volunteer hours and over 12,000 hours of hands on experience as a Surgical Technologist. I also have very strong letters of recommendation. I never heard anything about having a GRE score above 300. This must be something new. 

you can PM me if you'd like but yes, that is their minimum - I know from my experience and what was said by them to me.

Make sure it is above 300, you will not be accepted if it is not. 

Please do not make statements like this.  South College looks at the prospective PA student as a whole and not just a number.  While certain criteria are set, not having one measure at or above the bar does not automatically disqualify a candidate. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi all, 

I was wondering if there is anyone here applying to South who does not have the Basic Cardiac Life Support (BLS). It sounds like it's not really something needed at time of application, as they state on their website that they offer the class during orientation, but I was just wondering if anyone was the same as me...without BLS training yet. I was looking up classes and might actually attend an upcoming one in a month or so, but I want to submit my application now, and I'm not sure how to indicate on the application that I intend on obtaining the training. 

Any thoughts? Should I just let it go and apply and assume that they assume applicants/though accepted will obtain the training by matriculation?

Thanks for any responses!! 

Yeah so, probably at least 2/3 of my class didn't have their BLS certification and did the class during orientation. I had mine already and I don't know if that swayed anyone's decision. Our BLS cert has to be maintained throughout the program so they offer it later in case you come already certified and need a recert subsequent. Personally it made me feel better that I already had it but that's just me and the way I am.

Yeah so, probably at least 2/3 of my class didn't have their BLS certification and did the class during orientation. I had mine already and I don't know if that swayed anyone's decision. Our BLS cert has to be maintained throughout the program so they offer it later in case you come already certified and need a recert subsequent. Personally it made me feel better that I already had it but that's just me and the way I am.

Thanks for the reply! I'm going to go ahead and submit without, as based on what you said, they do seem to accept quite a few people who do not have it. Perhaps I can get it prior to interviews (hopefully I get an interview!) and then could update them on that as a boost. :)

Im applying to south but not till end of December due to missing some prerequisites. First time applying for PA programs. Anyone know of they still review you if still missing prerequisites at time of application evaluation? I've heard some schools do state that in their site but because so competitive they seem to review those with a "complete "application at time of submission. Good luck to all. 

Im applying to south but not till end of December due to missing some prerequisites. First time applying for PA programs. Anyone know of they still review you if still missing prerequisites at time of application evaluation? I've heard some schools do state that in their site but because so competitive they seem to review those with a "complete "application at time of submission. Good luck to all. 

Last year I still had to take some courses, but my application was still reviewed.  I believe as long as your CASPA is submitted and they receive your supplemental and GRE scores they'll review it. With any school, if you have already submitted your CASPA you need to send your transcript to each school individually.

Hi all, 

I was wondering if there is anyone here applying to South who does not have the Basic Cardiac Life Support (BLS). It sounds like it's not really something needed at time of application, as they state on their website that they offer the class during orientation, but I was just wondering if anyone was the same as me...without BLS training yet. I was looking up classes and might actually attend an upcoming one in a month or so, but I want to submit my application now, and I'm not sure how to indicate on the application that I intend on obtaining the training. 

Any thoughts? Should I just let it go and apply and assume that they assume applicants/though accepted will obtain the training by matriculation?

Thanks for any responses!! 

Hi!! I just got an e-mail telling me I am invited to interview on 11/11!! I am not BLS certified so I would not be too concerned about that ! Good Luck :)

Archived