South College 2017 Start

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i guess it was intimidating for me because i like the one on one individual interview style better. i just kept getting nervous listening to other people's answers and waiting to say mine. otherwise that it was not bad. the faculty are all super friendly and the only advice i can say is be yourself. i was probably the least qualified patient care hours wise and i am still in undergrad but they said that my personality really showed through in the interview and they thought i'd be a great fit so just try and relax (i know way easier said) and be yourself!! that's all they are wanting to see

For the individual interview was it a one on one or a MMI?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was one on one with the panel that interviewed you and it's only to tell you whether or not you're in, rejected or waitlisted

So your interview is based on the group interview and a medical terminology quiz? On my itinerary from the interview invitation it says a writing portion... I'm guessing that's the med term quiz?

Thank you for all the help btw this is my first cycle applying and I really appreciate the insight!!

So your interview is based on the group interview and a medical terminology quiz? On my itinerary from the interview invitation it says a writing portion... I'm guessing that's the med term quiz?

Thank you for all the help btw this is my first cycle applying and I really appreciate the insight!!

What is supposed to happen is: you will take a medical terminology quiz and a hand written essay while waiting between your group and individual interview.

Good luck, I'll see you at the interview, I'll be one of the current students shuffling y'all around.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I submitted my application a week ago-I hope I wasn't too late. I have a gre score of 155 and 157- and 4.0 in writing. Over 2000 hours and counting in direct patient care as a nurse tech. About 150 in shadowing a PA. I am bilingual. But I have 1 C in one of the prerequisites. I hope that doesn't affect me too much. From people that have been accepted-words of advice?

I was offered an interview for February 24, 2017. For those of you wanting to know stats, mine are as follows:

2,500 direct patient care hours

3.8 Science GPA

3.9 MBA GPA

3.5 undergrad GPA

600 community volunteer hours

50 medical volunteer hours

GRE: 299, 4.5

60 MD/PA shadow hours in office and surgery

Hope this helps someone! Good luck!

Thanks for the response! Does that mean I may still be contacted for an interview? And then the direcor decides? Or should I have the syllabus sent right away? Can I ask what class you used?

I called and talked to him about my application, he told me that I was rejected because I didn't take bio2 even though I had, it was just called something else. So then he told me to have my syllabus sent to him. That director though just retired.

I believe the gpa requirement is 2.75.

Yup that is what is says online. However, when I went for my interview they told my science GPA was relatively low for what they accept (I have a 3.48). If you meet the requirements though I would not worry too much, they genuinely take everything into consideration before making their decision.

I spoke with someone from admissions today and even though their gpa requirement is 2.75, he said they weigh academics heavily. Long story short, you need a good gpa bc even if you get an interview w low gpa, chances of actually getting accepted are extremely low. And if your gpa is low he said get into a masters programs get good grades and keep applying!

I spoke with someone from admissions today and even though their gpa requirement is 2.75, he said they weigh academics heavily. Long story short, you need a good gpa bc even if you get an interview w low gpa, chances of actually getting accepted are extremely low. And if your gpa is low he said get into a masters programs get good grades and keep applying!

Big part of the interview too is just genuinely knocking it out of the park. My gpa wasn't great but I was a rock star in the interview. That ability came with a lot of practice and mock interviews. Also Andy Rodican's book.

Archived