University of Nevada Reno

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There were 800 applicants. I attended the November interview and saw a wide variety of shoe wear and choices of attire. I would suggest comfortable shoes because you will be on your feet a lot. Go with what you feel comfortable in. Congratulations on the interview and good luck!

Unfortunately just found out I was "not considered" after interviewing on 11/4-11/5. Kinda bummed out since I really loved this school and this is my second go round applying in general. Good luck to everyone who's applied.

I'm so sorry to hear that.. I interviewed as well. Did you find out by email or mail if you don't mind me asking?

It's never fun not getting in. This is my third year applying. But you just have to keep improving your application and don't forget the reason you wanted to be a PA! Also you will have such a better shot next year since they know you now:)

Does anyone know how many people applied to begin with?

Also, for the ladies out there coming to the Dec 9-10 interview, heels or no heels? It sounds like it is going to be a long day...

They said over 800 people applied. 

I say small heels or no heels. The first day is just the reception (mingling, meeting the interviewers and other candidates)

The second day is the actual interviews. It's long and there a walking tour, so definitely be comfortable. I wore 2 inch heels and was fine.

Good luck!

Does anyone know how many people applied to begin with?

Also, for the ladies out there coming to the Dec 9-10 interview, heels or no heels? It sounds like it is going to be a long day...

I wore heels on the Friday occasion and my feet already hurt after 2 hours, so I wore comfortable pointed flats on the actual interview day. I'm so glad I did because there was a lot of walking! The interviews were spread throughout the day, so it's nice to not have to worry about feet pain :)

I was also placed under "active consideration." I wonder how many they have given acceptances to?

Yah I wonder the same thing.. I've heard of about 5. Also I know of at least 5 "active considerations" as well... but I didn't know everyone interviewing so their could obviously be more!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone!

I actually did not have an account prior to this and created one just now so I could reply to this thread.

I attended the 12/9-12/10 interview session and we were informed by the director that they hoped to have notifications out in about two weeks (although he was also clear that was not a guaranteed timeframe).

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone else not received anything yet? I was part of the first interview group in November and was notified that I'm under active consideration pending the interview last December. I know a lot of you guys have heard back but I'm wondering if there's anyone else who hasn't besides me? No news is better news, but this anticipation is killing me! 

Has anyone else not received anything yet? I was part of the first interview group in November and was notified that I'm under active consideration pending the interview last December. I know a lot of you guys have heard back but I'm wondering if there's anyone else who hasn't besides me? No news is better news, but this anticipation is killing me!

• 1 month later...

I received a letter indicating I am on the alternate list.  Did anyone else get the same letter?  

Winniethepooh, did the director maybe call you since you were out-of-state; or, did he say at all?  You mentioned that others had received acceptance letters; were these candidates in state here in Nevada or out-of-state, if you do not mind me asking?  Also, congratulations on getting a seat!   =)

I received a letter indicating I am on the alternate list.  Did anyone else get the same letter?  

Winniethepooh, did the director maybe call you since you were out-of-state; or, did he say at all?  You mentioned that others had received acceptance letters; were these candidates in state here in Nevada or out-of-state, if you do not mind me asking?  Also, congratulations on getting a seat!   =)

When did you receive your alternate letter? Was it recent? Because I received the same letter in December.

Also they call everyone who is accepted. Then send an official acceptance letter following the phone call.

I also received my letter in December.  I contacted UNR to see how many they placed on the alternate list and where I ranked; but, they said that the information was not available at that time.

I did just receive an invite for an "Information Session" that they are offering on two different dates in February.  The information session does not indicate if it is a general information session like the ones they had last year; or, if it is for those of us that interviewed (they mentioned about bringing us back in March or April to go over how to improve our chances in the future).  

If you do not mind me asking, are you from Nevada, in the Reno area or elsewhere?

Thank you for your response!

I also received my letter in December.  I contacted UNR to see how many they placed on the alternate list and where I ranked; but, they said that the information was not available at that time.

I did just receive an invite for an "Information Session" that they are offering on two different dates in February.  The information session does not indicate if it is a general information session like the ones they had last year; or, if it is for those of us that interviewed (they mentioned about bringing us back in March or April to go over how to improve our chances in the future).  

If you do not mind me asking, are you from Nevada, in the Reno area or elsewhere?

Thank you for your response!

According to Alexis, this information session is specifically for students that didn't get in. It's not going to be a general information session. 

Archived