"My PA resource"- legit?

I actually used this service last year when I had no idea if I was on the right track with my PS or not.  I got the 3 revisions (prices were a little cheaper then) and found it immensely helpful.  For me, they did way more than just sentence structure; they helped focus my thoughts, told me which sections could be combined or separated for a greater impact, and used my resume for suggestions.  Mind you, I was 6 years out of college and had pretty decent HCE as an athletic trainer.  All of the responses were thoughtful, and more than just a word or two.  I thought it was money well spent.  I also got into a program on my first attempt, with a pretty decent GPA/GRE and good HCE, so I'm not sure how much my PS impacted my application as a whole, but it definitely did not hurt anything.

Anyone who requests money to edit a personal statement is out to scam you.

I actually know the founder since he went to my alma mater in a class above me. He's a good guy and not a scammer. Others can speak to the quality of his work, and I'm not even sure if he is doing it by himself anymore, but it is legit.

I actually know the founder since he went to my alma mater in a class above me. He's a good guy and not a scammer. Others can speak to the quality of his work, and I'm not even sure if he is doing it by himself anymore, but it is legit.

Calling it a scam is harsh, I agree. I was just using OP word. I guess I meant to say I wouldn't suggest using the service. I have my reasons but I don't think it is worth mentioning them. If someone is going to use it, then use it.

I used myPAresouce and I found it extremley helpful. I bought the three revisions. They helped mostly with content. I found that it wasn't as much help with sentence structure or the "wow" factor. But of course content may be the most important part of it all, then from there you can change it to make it stand out more. Hope that helps!

Archived