Looking back, were you ready for PA school?

We are three PA students who need your help. We are doing research comparing PA students’ perception of how ready they were for PA school with standard methods of evaluating applicants (GRE and GPA). As entrance to PA school is getting more and more competitive, we are curious if qualities other than those numerical scores can help select students.

I just finished didactic year. My pre PA GPA (3.2c 3.1s) didn't do squat for me in terms of preparedness or success. My 7 years as a paramedic did. I had a very strong foundation that allowed me to master the material without spending all of my free time studying. Without a doubt, that experience was the most important factor in being accepted to a program and to my academic success.

• Administrator

What specific questions are you looking to answer?  What specific characteristics are you looking to collect from respondents?  And in what way are you measuring preparedness--academic, patient care, working within the healthcare system, other...?

Hi Rev Ronin,

Those are all good questions. I had trouble posting to the site last night and only my first paragraph posted.

We are conducting an online survey as part of our graduate project. All answers are anonymous. Here's the link:

(Survey Link deleted by Rev Ronin)

We are looking at information such as school experience, work experience and social support. We need information from PA-Cs and PA-Ss who have completed at least the first year of the program.

Thanks very much!

Archived