Reapplying to more schools; how to handle essay

Hello! I initially applied too years ago to two schools. This time, in addition to reapplying to those two schools, I'm sending apps to several others.

The two schools I'm reapplying to both require supplemental applications that include a shorter personal statement.

I've seen online that when you reapply, you should discuss in your essay how you strengthened your skills,etc. But I'm wondering if it's detrimental to my application for other schools to know I was rejected in my initial round? 

Since I can only write one essay in CASPA, should I write that essay without mentioning my first round of applications, then address my reapplication in the supplemental apps? Or should I just include the steps I took to better my position in the CASPA essay, for everyone to see?

Any/all input is appreciated. Thank you!

Something else to keep in mind, is that many programs' supplemental apps ask if you ever applied to any PA school in the past. If that's the case, then they would know anyway, so mentioning something in your CASPA application would make no difference insofar as the new programs knowing or not knowing.

Archived