Interviews for the incoming class of Fall 2012

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had Miguel and 2nd year student James. They seemed like they were trying not to be especially threatening, but they did not smile a lot or offer much encouragement. (i.e. I left feeling like I didn't make a good impression) That could just be my perception, but I am used to more affirmation and acknowledgement when I am conversing with someone. Their lack of response made me feel more nervous and then I started babbling. My gut feeling is I won't get in, but who really knows. I did answer their questions and I think I had intelligent and appropriate responses. I was just super jittery saying them. Good luck to all of you who were there today!

I had Miguel and 2nd year student James. They seemed like they were trying not to be especially threatening, but they did not smile a lot or offer much encouragement. (i.e. I left feeling like I didn't make a good impression) That could just be my perception, but I am used to more affirmation and acknowledgement when I am conversing with someone. Their lack of response made me feel more nervous and then I started babbling. My gut feeling is I won't get in, but who really knows. I did answer their questions and I think I had intelligent and appropriate responses. I was just super jittery saying them. Good luck to all of you who were there today!

I too found the interview to be a very positive experience. There were two interviewers... one a professor, Ms. Renee Wu, and the second an alumnus now practicing in Huntington Beach. They did hurl a ton of questions my way, but that of course, is to be expected. They really want to know your game plan. They want to know how you expect to pay for it, deal with the intensity of classes... basically how you plan to survive. There are 28 units the first semester... 11 graduate level classes. They were very upfront about the rigors that lay ahead, which I feel is more than appropriate. But that being said, I felt the interview had a very conversational feel. They seemed generally interested in what I've done and plan on doing in the future. I felt the day was well organized and pretty low-key.

I too found the interview to be a very positive experience. There were two interviewers... one a professor, Ms. Renee Wu, and the second an alumnus now practicing in Huntington Beach. They did hurl a ton of questions my way, but that of course, is to be expected. They really want to know your game plan. They want to know how you expect to pay for it, deal with the intensity of classes... basically how you plan to survive. There are 28 units the first semester... 11 graduate level classes. They were very upfront about the rigors that lay ahead, which I feel is more than appropriate. But that being said, I felt the interview had a very conversational feel. They seemed generally interested in what I've done and plan on doing in the future. I felt the day was well organized and pretty low-key.

Yeah, I'm gonna' have to voice the same sentiments as KateD. I interviewed on the 23rd, and for me the experience was very positive. My panel consisted of PA Stephanie Baron and a current student. Very much a conversation type of atmosphere with several questions, but also a lot of smiles and laughing. My buddy was interviewed the same day by PA Wood and said he was an a-hole. So in all honesty, your experience will vary based on who you get. Pretty much like any program but overall I was pleased with WesternU.

Yeah, I'm gonna' have to voice the same sentiments as KateD. I interviewed on the 23rd, and for me the experience was very positive. My panel consisted of PA Stephanie Baron and a current student. Very much a conversation type of atmosphere with several questions, but also a lot of smiles and laughing. My buddy was interviewed the same day by PA Wood and said he was an a-hole. So in all honesty, your experience will vary based on who you get. Pretty much like any program but overall I was pleased with WesternU.

I interviewed with Stephanie Baron as well, and also Jasmine Bhasin and Britney (current students). I had such a positive experience and really enjoyed the interview process, they were so welcoming and they made me feel at ease. I had a friend interviewing that day too, and her interview experience sounded really different from mine but generally the same questions. As we sat outside waiting for the tour, I talked to a couple current students and the first thing they would ask was "who did you interview with?" So I think it kind of depends on who you interview with but I would also say that you really must stay confident, it will show in your interview.

Before the interview I was terrified from reading all the previous posts because most people had a negative experience and generally said it was intimidating and grueling. I went in expecting the worst, but I stayed positive and had a great interview! So really, my point is don't take to heart everything you read on these forums because everyone has a different experience. If you smile, they will smile back and just stay confident. Michael really reiterated to me that they are trying to see if you will get nervous and stressed under pressure. If you can beat that, you'll have a great interview, Good luck!

I interviewed with Stephanie Baron as well, and also Jasmine Bhasin and Britney (current students). I had such a positive experience and really enjoyed the interview process, they were so welcoming and they made me feel at ease. I had a friend interviewing that day too, and her interview experience sounded really different from mine but generally the same questions. As we sat outside waiting for the tour, I talked to a couple current students and the first thing they would ask was "who did you interview with?" So I think it kind of depends on who you interview with but I would also say that you really must stay confident, it will show in your interview.

Before the interview I was terrified from reading all the previous posts because most people had a negative experience and generally said it was intimidating and grueling. I went in expecting the worst, but I stayed positive and had a great interview! So really, my point is don't take to heart everything you read on these forums because everyone has a different experience. If you smile, they will smile back and just stay confident. Michael really reiterated to me that they are trying to see if you will get nervous and stressed under pressure. If you can beat that, you'll have a great interview, Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the helpful tips. I was on hold and now have an interview on Friday. I am super excited because WesternU is my first choice. Any helpful tips? I am very nervouse based on everything I have read. Can someone give me some good tips?? what they look for? ask?? is it basic like why do you want to become a PA? why western?

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was just wondering, how does Western let you know whether or not you're rejected or will receive an interview? Do they do it through email for both? I asked about my status today since I'm not on hold and I also haven't received a rejection, and they said they'll be emailing me this week. Not quite sure what to expect.

I interviewed on Jan 12 and still haven't heard anything. Anybody else in the same boat? I know they said we won't hear until the end of March, but a girl I met on the 12th received her acceptance last Saturday! It's the waiting that is so hard ..

I interviewed on Jan. 11th and I'm still in the dark.....it is not over yet.

Archived