Online Science Courses

If an online science course from an accredited college just shows up as a "normal" course on your transcript--how do schools know if it was online or not? I've seen a few colleges say they do not accept them, but I'm not sure how they determine the difference.

Anyone come across this situation and care to share their experiences?

When you enter your coursework in CASPA you have to select a class type. If it's online, you have to select online.

Even if you "accidentally" marked the course as in-class, managed to slip through the cracks, and got an acceptance, they will make you submit all transcripts to them directly and will verify them before you matriculate. Target schools you know meet the requirements for.

• Whoa, lots of assumptions here that I'm trying to run a scam or something. No worries. I'm like a Pre-PA-- just starting the process now of reviewing schools and their requirements. I don't even have a CASPA account. Just trying to get educated on what appears to be a somewhat controversial thing. I simply see in google searches people saying things like " you can't tell on your transcript" if its online or not, so I was trying to check the validity of the statement. All my science courses thus far from undergrad have been in person, on campus.

Archived