Which Schools Accept ED Scribe as patient care experience?

Hi All,

I am applying next summer and am starting to worry that my health care experience may not be what I need to get into some programs. I worked as an ED scribe full time for 1.5 years and was occasionally involved in direct care, especially towards the end of my time working there. Are there schools that will see this as direct patient care or will this be equated to health-related experience? I have lots of other medical related experience (MA, clinical research assistant, ED volunteer, reimbursement counselor, etc), but they are only about 1000 hours or so total....

What do you guys think? Any recommendations as to which schools I should apply to?

GRE: 590 Verbal, 690 Math

Undergrad GPA: 3.6

Post Bacc GPA: 3.8

Thanks so much!

Andrea

Hi All,

I am applying next summer and am starting to worry that my health care experience may not be what I need to get into some programs. I worked as an ED scribe full time for 1.5 years and was occasionally involved in direct care, especially towards the end of my time working there. Are there schools that will see this as direct patient care or will this be equated to health-related experience? I have lots of other medical related experience (MA, clinical research assistant, ED volunteer, reimbursement counselor, etc), but they are only about 1000 hours or so total....

What do you guys think? Any recommendations as to which schools I should apply to?

GRE: 590 Verbal, 690 Math

Undergrad GPA: 3.6

Post Bacc GPA: 3.8

Thanks so much!

Andrea

Here is a spreadsheet with some dated info on schools HCE requirements. http://www.physicianassistantforum.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=1

Scribes get into PA programs, but you are also an MA right? I'd play them both up.

Archived