include volunteer work from high school??

Hey all! I was wondering if I should include my volunteer work at a doctors office my senior year of high school. It was a requirement for graduation to find an internship and work there for 2 weeks. So although it was 2 weeks, it was everyday from 9-5. Mostly clerical work but I did a few things with patients. Should I include this on CASPA?? Thanks!

Of course you should! I had to do a one month internship and I did it at a doctors office. It was a mix of clerical work and contact with patients. It was great experience... you will include the dates so the schools will know you were in high school. Let them be the judge if they think it was valuable or not but it certainly cant hurt to include it!

• 1 month later...

I have a related question so I figured this would be an appropriate thread. I have lots of volunteer work and mission trips from high school, and I'm wondering how, if at all, I should include them in my application. I don't think it would be appropriate to include these older experiences under volunteer hours since they're not medical like rev ronin stated, but I was wondering if I should include something about it briefly in my PS (or maybe just in supplements for schools since I've heard that some want to know more about community service experiences). I did some community service in college and have done a medical mission trip to Africa and some volunteering in a local hospital since graduating undergrad in May, so I was thinking that when I talk about these experiences I could also mention that I've always had an affinity for service to others even in middle school and high school. I would appreciate any thoughts on the matter!

Archived