flyingsquirrel Posted September 25, 2011 Share Posted September 25, 2011 I was accepted at one of the schools that I interviewed at. This school isn't my first choice, but I would be VERY happy there. The schools that I would prefer to attend haven't even started sending out interview invitations yet and I need to send a deposit to this program within the next two weeks. Since many of the programs I am applying to have different interview and admissions schedules, I knew that I would probably be faced with this dilemma. I had planned to accept the offer and then let the program know that I wouldn't be attending IF I got accepted into a program that was higher on my list. I was under the impression that this was what most people did and why programs had waitlists. When I attended the interview at this particular program, the program director told us, in no uncertain terms, that accepting their offer then changing our mind was a "schumcky" thing to do and that all the PA schools talk to each other. How concerned should I be about this? I would love to attend this program, but I also know that there are one or two programs I would love even more. I don't want to make enemies before I even start my PA career, but I also don't want to be bullied into attending a program that isn't the best possible fit for me. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.