Awesome, I'll be seeing both of you next summer! I just got my acceptance call this morning and may or may not have called Cathleen an angel and started hyperventilating! I'm one of the Sarahs from West Palm Beach/NJ. Kevin, we did the group discussion section together. Now the actual hard work starts, it'll take a bit to wrap my mind around that thought!

Awesome, I'll be seeing both of you next summer! I just got my acceptance call this morning and may or may not have called Cathleen an angel and started hyperventilating! I'm one of the Sarahs from West Palm Beach/NJ. Kevin, we did the group discussion section together. Now the actual hard work starts, it'll take a bit to wrap my mind around that thought!

Yeah, I was on the elliptical and nearly broke my neck trying to get to the phone!!! Still sinking in for me too, even though I have been planning for it beforehand.... I wonder how we will meet others who make it into our class before school actually starts. I doubt all the applicants are on these forums. Be nice to sorta get to know people before we get going full throttle.

Kevin - At the dinner with the PA students on Monday evening, Ashleigh passed out slips with her e-mail address. I e-mailed her today and she sent me a link for the UF PA c/o 2014 Facebook group, so I guess that's one way we can all get in touch with one another. Here's the link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/UFPA2014/

I work nights in an emergency department so I was actually asleep when I received the call and didn't get to the phone in time. I called back and still wasn't entirely sure if I was awake or dreaming!

I haven't even been called for an interview. Maybe I didn't make the cut. I thought the application deadline was October.

Congrats, guys!

still several rounds of interviews to go ernie, dont give up yet!

Sarah- Thanks. Ill give that a try later. Couldnt make the dinner. It was gonna run pretty late and we had to go get the boys in bed.

Ernie - definitely don't give up hope yet, we were in the first round of interviews, there are still quite a few left. I believe they continue interviews all the way through Autumn. There's still plenty of time. One of the students in the current first year didn't submit her application until August and interviewed in October, so no worries!

Woodsters - I remember talking with you at the dinner, I really appreciated what you had to say. It was really great to hear that FL is such a PA friendly state, and I thought your story of how you applied was really cool! I also think it's awesome that you had employment set up so quickly, it just speaks to how high caliber a program UF is.

Hey I am a current student and Strongly suggest you attend the SWAMP Dinner on Monday night and talk to current students they will be able to give you plenty of advice. Just be yourself and enjoy the orientation, its very informative. If you are unable to attend the dinner no worries, I will give you my contact info on orientation day if you have any questions or concerns.

Archived